Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ground Dug Relics from Europe

Article about: HELLO, i would just like to share a few of the relics dug in europe, i am just now opening storage boxes, some 20 years packed, and now just starting to mount some of my items, due to my wor

Default Ground Dug Relics from Europe

HELLO, i would just like to share a few of the relics dug in europe, i am just now opening storage boxes, some 20 years packed, and now just starting to mount some of my items, due to my work and lot of moves, i had to get rid of so many nice items, but im going to try and make a nice display of what i have...thank you
    the wound badge is the gold, and still has a good amount of gold on reverse......
    Ground Dug Relics from EuropeGround Dug Relics from EuropeGround Dug Relics from EuropeGround Dug Relics from EuropeGround Dug Relics from Europe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground Dug Relics from Europe
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ground Dug Relics from Europe

They look good laid out like that Jerry. I think a collection of relics displayed together has an appeal rather than the odd one here and there. Do you know where in Europe they came from? The same area or from different places?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quite a collection. Im also interested in hearing where they were found.

Thank you, l really like this little display, its been years wanting to do it, started yesterday, i have had most of this several years, and i do have a bit more packed away, this set in the frame, l found in Belgium, fairly close to the Dutch border ..asked a lady on a farm there if we could look around and dig, and found the wound badge there along with some old shell caseings, and a huge WW1 bomb, i will post a pic when l find it, the GAB and ASA i dug up with a lot of German and British shell casings and some parachute buckles and parts, from Canadian paratroopers, in the drop zones for operation market garden, most were dug in the ditches on the sides of the roads in those areas..l do want to mount all those items as well, two German pistols also...the rest of the items in the case and the gold wound badge, were in Germany, close to Holland, and same, around the farm fields, asked permission and went for it, i dug so many bullet shells i lost count then started to find several bayonets in the same spot, like they were dumped there, and then a few of the KVK,s started showing up, and they were not deep only a few inches, the Ost-medal i traded with a Dutch Digger for a Canadian Badge, l was told that at that time 1945 the farmers would dig holes and bury loads of medals and bayonets etc. l do beleive it, as i,ve found several pistols and bayonets all in a few feet of each other...interesting that i went in some heavy bush, and found a pack of WW2 Canadian cigarettes, no smokes left, but the pack was only faded some, and still layed there all that time...l miss going overseas to dig, but i did have a great time, and will surely post some pictures of my market garden finds as well..thank you again for looking and sorry for the long story..cheerz to all, jerry

?

No, thank you for the fascinating story. Great info. Amazing, how much you found.

Thanks, this was about 3 or 4 days in that frame, some days never found a thing, other days a load of live shells, my best finds were in the market garden operation areas, l,ll post some when l sort them out..

?

Great story and it makes the items somehow more personal if you dug them yourself. Keep them coming!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank You Adrian, i will get started on my Market Garden Finds, and l agree when you find them yourself, they do mean more, and my Dad fought in those areas as well, so meant lot more to me, knowing he could have been in that same spot..

i really enjoy being on here, so much great information, and great people willing to help..

?

These items are always far better when you know exactly where they were found and much better if you found them yourself !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast