Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Had to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpper

Article about: Update Gents, after 7 months of restoration the bow is fully funtional agian, having a new double string, missing parts have been handmade by a blacksmith and, the string was made by a bow e

?

Update Gents, after 7 months of restoration the bow is fully funtional agian, having a new double string, missing parts have been handmade by a blacksmith and, the string was made by a bow expert who makes his own middle age type crossbows and long bows.
    i will post pictures of the bow when ill pick it up coming sunday!
    Here a preview

cheers,
    Ger
    Had to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpper

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Had to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpper
    P
    Many

Very cool looking weapon you've got there and thanks for sharing!..

Looking good!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Beautiful weapon nice to see something so different

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Never even seen one of these before. Interesting bit of kit. Thanks for showing it.

Cheers, Ade.
    +1 - Very Cool
    Regards,
    John

?

Just picked up the crossbow!
    One pleasant suprise was the statement from the string builder:
    I have not done exactly what you asked concerning the strenght of the double string!
    After doing some research, and talking it thru with the blacksmith, he decide to do following:
    Make a string thats not on Museum strenght, but capable of shooting a projectile!
    So.....I've tried to fire it and it realy works!!!
    Im delighted, i wasnt willing to risk a breakdown of the bow, but he insured me that it was possible.

So i will make detailed pics of the bow tomorrow and i will explain whats been made and replaced.

Well Gents i now have a Crossbow made in the 16th century that is capable of shooting again!!!
    This bow has unleashed a revolution on the battlefield, being capable of penetrating a harness at 400 yards, and having a very high fire rate, i think 3 shots a minute is no problem.
    I just have to take another look!
    Ger

Hi Ger,

Here's a couple of accessories to go with your new bow. Please try not to damage the apple too much.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Had to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpper  
    Last edited by big ned; 10-05-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Superb to see that it's been brought "back up to fighting speed" again after all these years! Great job!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Well Gents here are the pics, i have made a temporary visor with a wooden ball, this should be one made of bone or Ivory.
    I just bought an old bone bead that will arrive this week, then its finished!
    Enjoy the pics!
    Ger
    Had to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpperHad to buy this 16th Century German Crossbow called a schnäpper

?

Ger glad you have it back in 1 piece & all ticky boo.."working".. It looks awesome sat on the table looking through the sights...An excellent piece of history you have there..Thanks for the top dollar photos too. Cheers Terry.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast