Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?

Article about: I have seen that on most museums they have a lot of display stands, but only 2-3 objects in each one so the collection looks larger. And i have seen that most of the members on this forum ha

Default Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?

I have seen that on most museums they have a lot of display stands, but only 2-3 objects in each one so the collection looks larger. And i have seen that most of the members on this forum have a pretty big collection, somewhat bigger than some museums i know of.

So if you have ever though about opening a museum or not, please comment!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?

Hi Vegar, I think running a WW2 museum would be a dream job for me. I would love to do that.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Vegar, I think running a WW2 museum would be a dream job for me. I would love to do that.

Cheers, Ade.
    Same here! Regards, Tim.

I lent my collection to the local museum for a week, but thats the closest that I've ever got and it wont be happening now because slowly the gas masks that I still have are being sold off to make way for other interests

Thanks

Danny

A good friend of mine and fellow collector is currently lending a little part of his collection to the cannon museum in Kristiansand.
    He owns some lovely items

Here are some photos

The display is a lot bigger and much nicer now... The photos are 1-2 years old....
    ps. Sorry for the bad quality photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?   Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?  

Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?   Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?  

Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?   Have any of you ever though about opening a museum?  

wow! thats really impressive, I like that sectional view of a German stick grenade

Thanks

Danny

ILH
    ?

Hi Vegar,
    I've been into militaria for many years but didn't collect seriously until I became an archaeolgist- surveying a medieval field system in a wood led to the discovery of an unrecorded ww2 range- this led to joining RMARG and I haven't looked back since!
    Our Museum isn't going to rival the IWM any day soon, but we like to think we have some interesting stuff and are always willing to swap stuff, research things and generally get in the way! We've organised school visits, metal detecting, site visits, airshow and museum tours, monthly talks, and a magazine........ all for £10 a year- can't complain.

The best thing about the group (apart from the mickey taking) is that things now come to us- recent donations range from prototype PIATs, to a ww1 US saddle blanket converted into an officer's bed roll, to a Canberra cockpit canopy. We just turned down an early UK Nuke nosecone- nonproliferation treaty problems!!!!

Doing the Certified Free From Explosives paperwork at the moment....erk!

the Webiste THE RIDGEWAY MILITARY & AVIATION RESEARCH GROUP isn't great (hard to find someone to run it) and leans heavily towards the airforces, but there are a few of us doing the army stuff now.

If anyone would like to visit please PM me to organize it- bieng on an active base, security means that visits are by apointment only (sorry).

Last but not least, a BIG thankyou to the USAF/ MoD, for letting us use their building for free- without this we would not exist.

jim.

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    I have seen that on most museums they have a lot of display stands, but only 2-3 objects in each one so the collection looks larger. And i have seen that most of the members on this forum have a pretty big collection, somewhat bigger than some museums i know of.

So if you have ever though about opening a museum or not, please comment!
    Hi,
    I give alot of my finds to my local 8th Air force museum!! I think its where it belongs.
    If nouthing else its nice for the vets that are left to come back and be able to see this stuff and its important for the families to be able to come over to the UK and get a better understanding of what there relations went through.

Ya, when we find things from for example ww2 we are really preserving history, if we just let it lay there and rust away, it can never be shown!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    A good friend of mine and fellow collector is currently lending a little part of his collection to the cannon museum in Kristiansand.
    He owns some lovely items

Here are some photos

The display is a lot bigger and much nicer now... The photos are 1-2 years old....
    ps. Sorry for the bad quality photos
    Wow, i never knew that was somebody else's collection, i have seen it 2 times already and i had never imagined that the collection could have been owned by only 1 man. Give my regards and tell him it is awesome!
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast