Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet/Hat display.

Article about: I have about 20-30 of these items and I saved them mostly for the brass content. As I use brass in many ways, I felt it would be a waste to let them go for scrap. They are mounts for a foot

Default Helmet/Hat display.

I have about 20-30 of these items and I saved them mostly for the brass content. As I use brass in many ways, I felt it would be a waste to let them go for scrap.
    They are mounts for a foot rail at a bar. I don't remember how I came by them but I did.
    So, I was looking at them all sitting on my deck one day and was trying to figure out a way to utilize them. Here is what I came up with.
    I cut off the part for the brass pipe to go through as well as the supports. I polished the brass and drilled two extra holes at the end that did not have any. I then checked the clearance and had to make up something to give the hat/helmet a little more distance from the support. Some require more height than others.
    I figured they could save a little shelf space.
    Ralph.

Helmet/Hat display.
    Helmet/Hat display.
    Helmet/Hat display.
    Helmet/Hat display.
    Helmet/Hat display.
    Helmet/Hat display.
    Helmet/Hat display.
    Helmet/Hat display.
    Helmet/Hat display.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet/Hat display.
    P
    Many

?

Very Nice Ralph!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Great idea! I like how from the front and above the support is almost unseen. It really puts the focus on the item being displayed.

Great Idea ---Thank you.
    It will be put to good use.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Very Nice Ralph!
    Thank you Kirk!
    Got to keep the mind active.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Artifact View Post
    Great idea! I like how from the front and above the support is almost unseen. It really puts the focus on the item being displayed.
    Thank you!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Great Idea ---Thank you.
    It will be put to good use.
    Thanks Greg!
    I hope you are able to use it.
    Ralph.

a shelfless and apparent floating helmet display device?...that's gotta be the holy grail!!....not sure I'd want to polish them and relocating them when having a change-around could be a pain but what a stunner for a small collection. I know nothing about metal casting but one wonders what it would take to mass produce a load in a more cost-friendly metal.

Look like mounted trophies ...... I'd like to see the gun you shot them with ....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Composite View Post
    a shelfless and apparent floating helmet display device?...that's gotta be the holy grail!!....not sure I'd want to polish them and relocating them when having a change-around could be a pain but what a stunner for a small collection. I know nothing about metal casting but one wonders what it would take to mass produce a load in a more cost-friendly metal.
    Thank you!
    The polishing isn't hard for me, I have a couple of buffers.
    The weight of a helmet may be too much if they were cast in a lesser metal. It would still be considerably expensive to have a mold made up and a bunch made.
    As with anything made in this manner, the more you make the cheaper each one gets.
    Ralph.

Ralph,

You certainly came up with a good use! They display your helmets/hats nicely!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast