Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

helmets past and present

Article about: thought id show a few helmets from my collection starting with the earliest to latest i have in a particular genre ,firstly british mk11 and mk6 ,french m15 and f1 ,bulgarian m36 and m51 ,yu

Many thanks jake for your sound advice ,best to leave this one well alone then and thanks for the nice words glenn ,always a pleasure there is an earlier spanish helmet designated the m21 sin ala (without wings) allhough present the rear skirt is quite non descript in comparison to my later m26 example ,i too am fond of the swiss m71 its a very unusual design and the liner's are just quality workmanship ,i never realised the vickers commanded such high prices untill a few other forum members pointed this out too,i paid what would be the bps equivalent of 115 euros for this relic all the best to you for 2015 my leaned friend, thanks james

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement helmets past and present
    P
    Many

interesting displays, I have another idea, how about paratrooper helmets of the cold War era? like East German para vs West German, US Vietnam or Grenada era para, French Legionaires, British SAS, and any other para helmet in use since the cold war era

or just Paras / airborne forces of the world?

?

Now you talking BG if you start a thread on para helmets I have a few I can contribute .

Regards Mark

great idea Battlegear i agree with mark ,if you set it up we shall contribute in some way

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Now you talking BG if you start a thread on para helmets I have a few I can contribute .

Regards Mark
    I really liked that last IDF para helmet you posted recently with the British shell with 3 point chin strap & net

?

Thanks BG I need to add a knotted 3/4 inch tan net to it yet and it will have the look I striving for.

Regards Mark

Quote by battle gear View Post
    interesting displays, I have another idea, how about paratrooper helmets of the cold War era? like East German para vs West German, US Vietnam or Grenada era para, French Legionaires, British SAS, and any other para helmet in use since the cold war era

or just Paras / airborne forces of the world?
    I can start? Polish/DDR para vs British WW2 para

Very nice James and thanks for posting these, you probably need to update this now so we can see more of your amazing collection

Matt

Default East Germany & West Germany

East German / Polish Wz63 airborne helmet and West German M61 airborne steel helmet "Luftlandetruppenstahlhelm"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmets past and present   helmets past and present  

helmets past and present  

before we get carried away perhaps as suggested earlier a dedicated thread to these paras helmets ,it might cock up any past and present helmets i may add in the future cheers for your understanding chaps james

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast