Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

help identify freikorps flags?

Article about: I have some Freikorps flags that some Freikorps collectors have confirmed maybe (He is pretty sure and a expert in his fields of collecting) are real. Has anyone seen other photos of vehicle

Default help identify freikorps flags?

I have some Freikorps flags that some Freikorps collectors have confirmed maybe (He is pretty sure and a expert in his fields of collecting) are real.

Has anyone seen other photos of vehicles with these flags other than those I have provided and anybody have any information on Korting subordinates as

Korting had 3xxx's on his pennant. Any info is appreciated. I can't attach photo's but would be glad to email and if anyone could post I would be grateful. Tom

My email is Tgnob@Hotmail.com Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help identify freikorps flags?   help identify freikorps flags?  

help identify freikorps flags?   help identify freikorps flags?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help identify freikorps flags?
    P
    Many

Default Identify Freikorps flags

I have some Freikorps flags that some Freikorps collectors have confirmed maybe (He is pretty sure and a expert in his fields of collecting) are real.

Has anyone seen other photos of vehicles with these flags other than those I have provided and anybody have any information on Korting subordinates as

Korting had 3xxx's on his pennant. I have found some other
    info. that I have found during research. You will see a picture of a tank with a similar flag to
    mine on it. The name on the tank is Hedi. You will see a flag being displayed. Upon research
    I found out this info from another Great War Forum. "Hundleby and Strasheim's book incorporates a chapter on captured tanks in Freikorps service. They note that Tank-Abteilung Körting was 'formed in Berlin in early January 1919'. Georg Körting was a captain who had served as 'the wartime deputy of the Commanding Officer of the Sturm-Panzerkraftwagen Abteilungen'. As centurion noted, the unit was renamed. 'Kokampf' was barracked in Kraftfahrer-Kaserne in Berlin-Lankwitz.

The unit had more armoured cars than tanks. Most of the armoured cars were captured Russian vehicles. There were five tanks:

No '54' was the Geländewagen chassis fitted with a body made from surplus body armour plates. It was later named Hedi and then subsequently renumbered '151'.

No '53' was a Whippet.

Nos '153' (Hanni) and '155' were female Mk IVs that had previously served in 12. Sturm-Panzerkraftwagen Abteilungen during the war.

There was a third female Mark IV 'which... was never observed in action.'

Nos 53 and 54 were involved when the Freikorps entered Berlin 'in force on January 15th, 1919'. The Whippet broke down. 'Apparently, the trouble could not be cured, and No '53' was never seen again'.

Hanni 'took the stage during the fighting in Berlin in early March 1919. She was employed several times during the intense fighting of that month in the Alexanderplatz area of the city. Heidi, Hanni and No '155' were seen together in Leipzig in May 1919, forming Kokampf's 'Heavy Platoon', commanded by Lieutenant Theunissen of Mephisto fame.'

The tanks were scrapped in July 1919, at the demand of the Interallied Control Commission.

My flag has written on it Kokampf, Lepzig SCH ABT 1. I believe it was part of the "Heavy Platoon" The machine bore inscriptions and Kampfwagen-Panzer-Abteilung Regierungs-Treu-Truppen number and the 54th Inscriptions and drawings complement skulls with crossed bones (Totenkopf). Machine subject Reichswehrgruppenkommando 1, namely Freikorps Marker.
    Familiar machine users named nicknamed "Hedi. Later he fought in more battles with the Communists in Leipzig.

Now the pennant I believe maybe, freikorps as I have seen pictures of pennants on armoured vehicles/tanks in the book Panzer-Kraftwagen by Verlag Jochen Vollert. The Tankograd-World War One book series sub titled: Armoured Cars of the German Army and Freikorps.

These flags are WW1 or post WW1 Weimar republic Freikorp paramilitary.
    1. Pennant- 8-1/4" hoist, 27-1/2" fly.
    This pennant came in a collection of English & German WW1 memorabilia. That is all on this flag.

2. Flag- 23-1/4" hoist, 34" fly.
    This came from a collection just south of Berlin Neuendorf/Beelitz and
    ephemera from 1919-1945. I am told it is a Totenkopf Panzer Freikorp flag.
    Made from cotton dated 1918 (pics.) and writing Kokampf, Lepzig SCH ABT 1.
    My research led that this unit, in May 1919, subdued a communist riot
    in Lepzig. The tank photo (black) is one of Hedi I
    found on the internet and display's a flag similar to mine.The (tan) is one I purchased and also displays the flag, I believe this is a previosly unpublished card and has a date of may 1919 on back. The german I can not read or translate if anyone could I would be grateful. There is also a date of 1918 and a crown on the hoist, I believe to be a Berlin Manufacture mark.
    I can send more photo's if needed. Thank you again and have
    a good week !! Sincerely Tom Knoblich

Any info is appreciated. Tom

My email is Tgnob@Hotmail.com Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help identify freikorps flags?   help identify freikorps flags?  

help identify freikorps flags?   help identify freikorps flags?  

help identify freikorps flags?