Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Here is my Vet (my father) bring backs from WWII that I inherited last month

Article about: My father recently passed away. He was a WWII Tank Driver and was in the Battle of The Bulge. Ever since I can remember, these items were always kept nicely packaged and tucked away in a spe

Default Re: Here is my Vet (my father) bring backs from WWII that I inherited last month

great items

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Here is my Vet (my father) bring backs from WWII that I inherited last month
    P
    Many

Default Re: Here is my Vet (my father) bring backs from WWII that I inherited last month

As for insignias and patches of dad's, here what I have loose that was in an envelope with "mine" written on it by dad.

He was a Staff Sgt at his discharge.

I am not at all familar with the last 2. I do not know if they were really his or not.

It would appear that the 702nd Armor Battalion was assigned to the 80th Infantry Division. Hope this info is useful.

Dusty

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The 702 Tank Battalion was assigned to the 80th Infantry Division. The 80th Division patch is a WWI-30's patch

Gary, If you have your fathers DD Form 214(discharge Papers) take a look on them. It will give all awards, rank and other pertinant information about his service.

Interestingly, the blue Amphibious patch in the last pic
    is a modern repro by the looks of it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice items ,even nicer that your father brought them back! My uncle was a forward observer in the 702 tank destroyer battalion they were attached to the 2nd armored division "hell on wheels"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2