Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Herman the German, my Manequin

Article about: G'day all, Here is my manequin, Herman the German. The uniform itself is a repro, the leather Y straps and belt are repro, though I have originals of both, the bread bag, shovel, canteen, me

?

Default Herman the German, my Manequin

G'day all,

Here is my manequin, Herman the German. The uniform itself is a repro, the leather Y straps and belt are repro, though I have originals of both, the bread bag, shovel, canteen, mess kit, gas maks tin and mask,the gas cape bag is original, and I also have an original cape, zelt and pack are original, I also have a a pony fur backed tornister and heaps of original personal items such as gas salves, razors, cigarette papers, sewing kit,hindenburg candle, 2 complete K98 cleaning kits, first aid dressing etc etc etc. My mess kit even has the original strap to go with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Herman the German, my Manequin   Herman the German, my Manequin  

Herman the German, my Manequin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herman the German, my Manequin
    P
    Many

CMc
    ?

Default Re: Herman the German, my Manequin

I like him, if you had any annoying neighbours I think he'd be a useful tool, you could pop him up outside their windows in his gasmask and give them the fright of their lives!

?

I had thought of wearing the helmet and gas mask, knocking on the neighbours door and yelling "gas gas gas" but thought better of it! Herman is like a family memeber, his uniform is based on photos of my great uncles who were Heer. He gets introduced to all our visitors, as I had a mate stay the night once, got up in the middle of the night and went into the room and freaked out when he saw Herman....ever seen and Iraq and Afghan vet run screaming thru a house!

CMc
    ?

Must have been quite a sight, although to be fair I think if I woke up in the middle of the night and saw him unexpectedly my reaction might be the same!

Hey my main dummy is called Fritz but he doesn't know which army he belongs to.