Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia Collection

Article about: Most of these items have been shown in the Hitler Youth section of the forum but for those who don't read that forum here's a selection of Landjahr insignia from my collection. The Landjahr

Default Hitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia Collection

Most of these items have been shown in the Hitler Youth section of the forum but for those who don't read that forum here's a selection of Landjahr insignia from my collection. The Landjahr program introduced in 1934 by the Ministry of Education as a program to show that agriculture was a viable career option for German Youth. There were several types of shoulder straps used for male members and two distinct patterns of triangles. The first pattern triangles were black background with gold lettering for males, and white lettering for females. The later pattern triangles were green with a white lettering for both males and females.

First photo is a probable First Pattern Landjahr, but could also be an early Bann Munchen Oberbann 3 Strap.

Second photo is another First Pattern Landjahr.

Third photo is a Second Pattern Landjahr in the 1934 style.

Fourth photo is a 1938 Pattern sew in style

Fifth photo is a 1938 Pattern slip on style.

Sixth photo is a pair for a Landjahr Gefolgschaftsfuhrer. Note the silver twist cord piping that has replaced the standard green piping.

Seventh photo is a interesting "Schwert und Schole" patch type insignia. It appears to be an unoficial insignia. This symbol was used on documents, fahnfare banners, signs, photo albums and other items. This was possibly a part of a pennant or homemade item for a photo album cover.

Last photo is a group shot including the second pattern green and white triangle.

Hitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia CollectionHitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia CollectionHitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia CollectionHitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia CollectionHitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia CollectionHitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia CollectionHitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia CollectionHitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia Collection

Very nice items Darin, I like the Landjahr stuff

Here is my old triangle

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia Collection  Hitlerjugend Landjahr Insignia Collection 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you for showing your triangle and the compliment Nick. I hope all is well with you.

All good thanks Darin and you ?
    How is your world class shoulderboard collection

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    All good thanks Darin and you ?
    How is your world class shoulderboard collection

Nick
    All is well Nick. The collection is coming along still. Adding as often as I can, but it's getting difficult and expensive to find items now it seems. I'll post them in this area of the forum soon. I think I have somewhere in the 250 pieces range give or take, I haven't counted or updated my collection database recently.

Wow! I look forward to seeing the update !

Nick