Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How to dispay cap inignia's...

Article about: What would you think of a transparant plexi cap in order to display cap insignia's...? I am collecting German spike helmet plate's and can't figure out how to display them nicely.... the bes

Default How to dispay cap inignia's...

What would you think of a transparant plexi cap in order to display cap insignia's...?
    I am collecting German spike helmet plate's and can't figure out how to display them nicely.... the best idea I could come up with are polyester helmet copy's I am working on for the momment.
    A ϟϟ cap is out of my reach, but the insigna's are still on my list!And I might be tempted to use thise idea.
    Let's open the debat!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to dispay cap inignia's...
    P
    Many

Default Re: How to dispay cap inignia's...

The best way to display cap or any other insignia is on the cap or other item on which it should reside IMHO.

However it is a problem on how to display unattached insignia and is not something I have resolved to my complete satisfaction yet, so it will interesting to see what solutions are offered to your question Kris.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Here is what I ment.
    Just found some bad casted helmets i kept.
    Still need some paint, a spike and maybe a chin strap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How to dispay cap inignia's...  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Attachment 523460

I used these wood and glass hinged lockable cabinets which come in various sizes, this is the largest. I have about 15 - 20 large cases full with mainly Canadian cloth and metal insignia and about 25 ones half this size as well for my CEF badges. The small ones hold comfortably 32 cap badges. For my German room I mount them on the walls to hold various insignia and photos. This example contains some of the Gerhard Lotze insignia and documents from this extensive grouping. The best thing about these, pressure holds the badges / items in, they are protected, it's easy to transport for showing, lockable for displaying in a public area, and when you want to handle anything access is easy.

?

That said for helmet plates and wappen these would not work. For helmet plates I would custom make a large mounting surface you can install on a wall with a red or black felt background. Then mount each wappen from it in a manner you can remove it and handle it when so desired.