Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting little RSM's notebook from Desert Storm

Article about: This is a fun little thing, most of it is pretty cryptic shorthand but some pages have nice little tidbits of the guy's tour during the First Gulf War. I edited the picture of his phrase pag

Default Interesting little RSM's notebook from Desert Storm

This is a fun little thing, most of it is pretty cryptic shorthand but some pages have nice little tidbits of the guy's tour during the First Gulf War. I edited the picture of his phrase page slightly

I can't remember where I got this now. It was probably in a jacket or something.

Interesting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert StormInteresting little RSM's notebook from Desert Storm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting little RSM's notebook from Desert Storm
    P
    Many

4md
    ?

Default Re: Interesting little RSM's notebook from Desert Storm

Very cool, i like the last translation in that last photo. In my opinion a very collectable piece of history from that era. I have all my grandfathers notebooks from ww2 its uncanny how similar they are to this one

regards Paul

Thanks mate, there must be about 5 times that much in there but I didn't want to go too crazy with pics. I like the translations too, but my favourite is the page that simply says 'NOT MORE B*LLOCKS' The bit about the coalition vehicle markings is nice too.

?

God, I remember being "dicked" regularly in Iraq....if it means the same, it refers to the locals who conveniently break down along the route or close to a base, raise their bonnet and appear to be fixing heir car, when really they are watching vehicle movements, call signs etc....or the ones who use their mobiles to take pics of vehicles etc....

On occasion, the practice was to do a "crash halt", where all the vehicles in the patrol, on a word of command would slam on the breaks next to one of the "Dickers", drag him into th back of a vehicle and basically tear strips of him and scare the shit out of the bloke, kick him out and keep moving! It did work

?

I think there is 2 types of meaning to the word dicked in the British Army,like you say AMTG by locals using phones,radios etc to tell were our troop movement was coming & going..& the other dicked is were you get spamed,spooned,dicked, to do something again & again..so like leading from the front again & again....that is also a word I have heard & used..I also think the front few pages & referring to a set of orders lots of grids being dished out also the letters RV pop up which means rendezvous in military terms..So an interesting little book..& it is the current British Army notebook which hasn't changed in the 20 odd years I was messing about in the Army..somethings just don't change!! this being 1 of them...oh & the Hexi cooker..lol. Cheers Terry.

?

When I was out there in 2005/06...we were working with 2 PARA and I think term came from them....they were using it to refer to surveillance.....button doubt it has multiple meanings!