Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

The Jewel in the Crown

Article about: Interestly, I have the earlier 9th Anti Aircraft Division insignia which was originally worn on this uniform. Formed October 1940, but disbanded by September 1942. These were div flashes wer

Default Re: The Jewel in the Crown

She was a very nice looking gal thanks for the link to her.
    Eric
    The Jewel in the CrownThe Jewel in the Crown
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Jewel in the Crown
    P
    Many

Hiya NCA, thanks glad you enjoyed seeing it.

Just got Ade to add the makers label to the FS cap pics, as I forgot to add it.

Off to bed now.

I will try and finish the thread tomorrow or Weds, as Ade has more pics to take.

Cheers, Lez.

Hiya Eric, she was nice looking.

I would love to get some pics of her in wartime uniform.

I have these I can add.

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Jewel in the Crown  
    Attached Images Attached Images The Jewel in the Crown 

?

Great thread Lez! Thank you to you and Ade for taking the time to share these items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

What an impressive collection, how did you get hold of this? I bet she has a uniform made for every occassions. Usually people stick to one tailor but she certainly like variety from all the top Savile Row shops. I bet her shoes and handbags are made of crocodile skin
    I wonder if she might be a benefactor to the services that she joined and participate in PR excercise and ceremonial duties?
    One thing I've learn from this collection is that ATS officer also wears similar hat as enlisted and not just the moleskin type.
    Last edited by shinsakuto; 04-10-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Hiya, this group was sold to me privately as I am "well known" in some circles as a ATS collector. It was sold by the family.

She was much more than a token figure head member, she was very hands on in fact.

Her and Lady Mountbatten (her cousin) once took a "pleasure flight" to view the front line near Nijmegen and almost got shot down! They were discussing if she would be taken prisoner as a spy and shot! As Lady M was not in uniform.

Cheers, Lez.

I have been cracking the whip and got Ade to take a few new pics which have been added to show her ties and cloth chin straps in better detail. Also some extras added to the AA tunic and greatcoat posts.

BTW all the tunics have the cloth belts with them, just they were omitted in the old pics we took.

Cheers, Lez.

Some nice rank slip on's for wear on the shirt. They are in pairs, just pictured as singles here.

ATS/WRAC Beech brown coloured backing to the crowns.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Jewel in the Crown  

"Aertex" green shirt with collars.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Jewel in the Crown   The Jewel in the Crown  

Shirt with collars made by "Alkit"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Jewel in the Crown   The Jewel in the Crown  

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast