Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just wanted to get some opinions on my collection

Article about: I am a new collector and I am finding out now just how hard it is to get REAL original items from many of the other threads I am seeing. With that in mind I am wanting to share some photos o

Default Just wanted to get some opinions on my collection

I am a new collector and I am finding out now just how hard it is to get REAL original items from many of the other threads I am seeing. With that in mind I am wanting to share some photos of my personal collection and get some feedback and thoughts.
    Just wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collectionJust wanted to get some opinions on my collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just wanted to get some opinions on my collection
    P
    Many

Thanks for sharing your collection with us...And welcome to the Forum...You're in the right place for knowledgeable assistance...there are some really good people here...are you located in the US, Europe or elsewhere? I would be happy to provide you with a few Sources that I've had positive dealing with...I get almost everything from Europe these days, but there are trustworthy dealers in the US that I can recommend as well, such as GermanWarBooty.com...In Europe, I recommend JPMilitaria.com and EmigMilitaria for starters....I believe you'll be happy with the prices as well...
    cheers, Glenn

I am located in the United States...Richmond VA to be exact...not exactly the bastion of WWII related stuff...if I was a Civil War collector on the other hand I would be up to my knees in resources I am sure.

CBH
    ?

A similar helmet with barbed wire was discussed here at some length recently, the general opinion was that it was a fake. As not photographic evidence for this practice exists , the lack of any in collection until very recently (5years or less). I think they are fakes being made out of relics coming from Eastern Europe. Sorry for the bad news, but I believe you might have had your own concerns regarding the helmet.

Yep! I knew posting it already I was going to likely be given some bad news. I have ordered a book where I was told by this seller that there is some photographic evidence of their use in Stalingrad. However it remains to be seen and I have kinda soured on the fact that while this helmet looks cool as shit...that might be all it is. The shell itself seems legit as I've been told and there are remnants of the name of the soldier but I'll be damned if I can make it out.

The book I have on order is German Camouflaged Helmets of the Second World War. It's a two volume set that is apparently about 1,000 pages of full size photos of legit helmets of the aforementioned period. Hopefully it leads somewhere. It not I will just have to be happy I have a nice relic shell. I have tinkered with the idea of removing the wire...what would you say to that idea?

Also the gasmask cannister I have there actually has the complete gasmask with the replacement lenses still inside. I can get photos of that if someone wanted to see them as well.

CBH
    ?

I'd be sure to ask the helmet community here what they think of the book you have on order, books these days can contain lots of fakes, sometimes simply there to deceive the unwary collector. There is a site Stalingrad Front I believe they are called, they are flooding the market with repainted relics, for big money. They are crooks.
    And I would consider removing the wire also, and you seem to have hit the nail on the head with why would you put barbed wire on a helmet, to make it look cool as shit, there doesn't seem to be any practical reason for it, if anything it's Very Impractical.
    Best of luck in all your collecting.

i wonder if others think removing the wire would be a good idea as well...

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by Cessna77 View Post
    i wonder if others think removing the wire would be a good idea as well...
    If you think it is cool, leave it. You can remove it at any time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast