Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kamikaze Flag,Photo album

Article about: Please read the story of the WWII attack on the USS Saratoga and my Dad’s story of some of the most valuable pieces of war relics you have ever come across. I have very special WW II wartime

?

Default Kamikaze Flag,Photo album

Kamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo albumKamikaze Flag,Photo album

Please read the story of the WWII attack on the USS Saratoga and my Dad’s story of some of the most valuable pieces of war relics you have ever come across. I have very special WW II wartime museum quality articles.
    My Dad was aboard the USS Saratoga when it was attacked by Japanese Kamikaze fighter planes. The items my Dad gave to me upon his death, he took off a Kamikaze pilot that crashed into his ship but didn't blow up and burn. He was a radio operator on ship and told me they were attacked by Kamikaze pilots and one crashed right outside his radio room. He said he heard the crash but no explosion so he looked out and saw that it had not blown up. My dad said he ran out to the plane to see if the guy was alive and he wasn't. My Dad said he removed the Japanese flag and photo album from under his jacket and ran back to radio room. I used to look at as a kid and be in awe. I have spent the last 15 years in my spare time trying to find other such items or to prove my dad’s story. My Dad passed in 1991 and all I have had was his version of the story and I know it is true. I contacted several WWII collectors and requested info and posted info on several forums online. EVERYONE says there is no such thing. They said my Dad was basically telling a story and had nothing more than a Japanese photo album and a flag. Well that pissed me off saying my Dad's story wasn't true. So I researched it hard and found articles proving there was an attack. I also found a guy online that had the ships blueprints he had from his father who was aboard during this Kamikaze attack. He emailed them to me and they show the Radio room on top deck at base of tower. Then I found a guy that was talking about how he survived a Kamikaze attack on my dad's ship. I contacted him and he referred me to a couple other guys that were there on the ship. One man told me the one thing that I have been waiting 15 years to here. He affirmed that my dad is absolutely telling the truth. He said he saw it all happen and he has pictures to prove it. I ask him if he could send them to me. He declined but told me they are locked in a museum archive they only open every so often. I ask him when it will open again and he said I was in luck there is a reunion for all living ship members in Jacksonville Florida at the end of September. He said there are several guys going to be there that can authenticate my items with certified letters and also give me copies of all pictures and documents that they have in the museum. IN TWO MONTHS THIS WILL BE CERTIFIED GENUINE. To make it even sweeter I took it to the Japanese Embassy in Houston to see what the writing on the flag said. They immediately went nuts over it. They informed me that the Emperor of Japan signed it personally. They told me a lot more about the photo album proving he was taking it to his death. I have 2 letters. I assume to family, possibly talking of his mission.

... I would love to have your opinion as to what to do with my Dad's stuff. I would like to sell it to a collector or return it or sell it back to the Jap family. I'm not sure what I will do yet. On Oct 4th I will be in Jacksonville meeting with men that were there and are going to write letters of authenticity as well as give me actual photos of the plane itself. I have heard from a lot of collectors saying there is no such thing and it is only worth a few hundred dollars. Once proven to be true I feel its worth would be priceless. Some collectors that emailed me say there are other such items taken off Kamikaze’s that crashed into ocean....woopty dooo... The one I have is the only one to ever hit an American ship and not blow up. Not to mention mine is signed by emperor so the pilot must have been a very important man. This a true one of a kind artifact and would surely be the most honored piece in any serious collectors collection. Since you seem to be an honest man with the artifacts best interest at heart and you have been a collector for quite a while... What would you do if you were me???? What would you value these items at????? I would love your help in maybe finding someone that can read the letters that are part of my collection. Can you imagine what its contents must say... it is probably a last letter from mom, or his wife or girlfriend.. This collection isn't just a nameless flag but it has his name and address of loved ones and can easily be traced to the family it came from.. Wow could you imagine their response. They have his name and address as well. The condition is museum quality and have had interest from them but only if it could be certified I will be happy to email photos if you reply. Thank you for your time and any help you may provide,
    Pat Raney

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kamikaze Flag,Photo album
    P
    Many

?

Guys I know you have all seen my stuff but it has not been me that has been answering... I have been on gunboard forum... I have learned a lot and still need a lot of help... I have re posted stuff from gunboard that I have found out so far.... Thanks far your help

?

This is from other forum

I am trying to prove the artifacts as real....EVERYONE says there is no such thing and Items don't look Kamikaze.... EVERYONE disbelieves my story cause everyone said there is no way my Dad got it off pilot.....NO WAY plane didn't burn,,,, I agree it seems like an impossible thing..... So first and foremost I must prove that on July 21,1945 that Kamikaze #6 did in FACT hit starboard side of Saratoga break up and the part of her that slid across deck and landed right outside radio room where my Dad was. Since that was the last plane and threat was over doesn't it seem to reason that my Dad opened his radio room door and was first one to that Jap plane..... People on here said he would not have left his post.... if battle was over, it was safe to go out and help others....and the first thing you see is the plane not burning.... Would you go look inside???? If so would you grab a souvenir or two.... YES YOU WOULD HAVE... So lets say all that happened as my Dad told me..... I know for a fact all that will be proved with the pictures of the plane.... Now I am being told that this reunion I am going to has tons of pictures in vault from the men aboard that day.... I have a pretty good chance of getting a pic of the dead Jap pilot..... Maybe his face will look like the man in my album.... Maybe there will be a pic of my flag or book with men there that day..... All I know is I have spoken several times with one sailor that said he saw it happen and has the pictures of the plane to prove it. So to all you skeptics ... get a plane ticket and come to Florida and be there when history is verified..... Instead of bashing my story why don't you help find someone that can translate letters.... Surely they hold a key to proof as well.... Hey.... I have his name and address... maybe we can call his brother or something and see what day he didn't come home any more....lol or even check Jap records for his service and see everything we need to know...... . If all you can do is say me and my DAD are full of crap then just go away.... Those of you watching this fiasco, thinking this might be a true story.... you aren't wasting your time.......IT IS... Thanks to all of you that are helping..... Pat

?

Hey guys great news.... The plane that hit my dads ship was # 6 of 6 to hit that day and it actually hit the side at an angle and broke apart and front part slid across deck and rest fell in ocean. You can go to you tube and search Kamikaze then select video named Japanese Kamikaze1-4 in color, in part 2 at minute 22.59 explains it all

?

Charlie, I may not have said what I meant the right way. I know I have to prove it. As far as how I know the flag was from Kamikaze from ship..
    MY DAD:
    Was a very honorable man from an outstanding family... He was VERY patriotic and proud of his service to our Country. As a child he was an Accountant for Goodyear Corp. He was a wonderful Dad that instilled great morals into me as a child. He constantly told me how much he hated liars. He was a high ranking member and accountant for our Catholic church. He was so religious the Bishop came personally to perform his passing service in Latin. For his deep belief in the Lord he NEVER lied...... Period. As a child when I done something wrong I got a severe ass wooping....if I lied about whatever it was I done.. I got two beatings...one for what I did then another for lying that was a lot worse. Then sometimes for weeks if he thought about it he would get mad and whip me again....LOL I loved that man... He made me what I am today... So sir you ask me how I know the album was off the Kamikaze pilot I will simply say.......BECAUSE MY DAD SAID IT WAS....

As for the pictures of the actual crashed not blown up plane...... They r in the USS Saratoga Museum foundations vault and will be opened on Oct 4th and I will get copies of them at that time and will post them on here. Or u can come see them in person the same time I do and you can talk to these guys that were there.....

Thanks Pat

?

Posted from member of other forum...

You have chosen to ignore information that does not support your thesis:

1- it is not a "prescription", but an advertisement:
    "It's not a prescription, it's an advertisement for Hitomaru 仁円. Of course, you've already told me I'm "ignorant about true artifacts", so you've probably already made up your mind that it is a prescription." posted by Nambu

You even withheld information that you already had, knowing this was not really a prescription:
    "I am a country boy and when I went to the Consulate their exact words were "it is from his pharmacy....for his medicines. I assumed they meant prescription . "
    Being a "country boy" does not excuse you from giving partial information to slant the story your way; and I'm sure you know what "assume" means.

2- the business card
    Is from a Japanese engineer in Hubei Province in China, who works for Mitsubishi!

3- The Album
    Is from and of an engineer school which agrees with number 2. As indicated by uniforms and insignia, as observed and reported here.

4- The "only" Kamikaze that crashed and did not burn
    Where did you get this information and can you back it up? "only is like "never" and "always", pretty much impossible to prove!

5- the flag
    Is not a Kamikazi flag, but a Hinomaru flag of a type known to be a fake, as reported here by those who collect flags.

Now the ball in in your court to square these strange details, especially how an Mitsubishi engineer wound up as a Kamikaze pilot.

?

I am trying to prove the artifacts as real....EVERYONE says there is no such thing and Items don't look Kamikaze.... EVERYONE disbelieves my story cause everyone said there is no way my Dad got it off pilot.....NO WAY plane didn't burn,,,, I agree it seems like an impossible thing..... So first and foremost I must prove that on July 21,1945 that Kamikaze #6 did in FACT hit starboard side of Saratoga break up and the part of her that slid across deck and landed right outside radio room where my Dad was. Since that was the last plane and threat was over doesn't it seem to reason that my Dad opened his radio room door and was first one to that Jap plane..... People on here said he would not have left his post.... if battle was over, it was safe to go out and help others....and the first thing you see is the plane not burning.... Would you go look inside???? If so would you grab a souvenir or two.... YES YOU WOULD HAVE... So lets say all that happened as my Dad told me..... I know for a fact all that will be proved with the pictures of the plane.... Now I am being told that this reunion I am going to has tons of pictures in vault from the men aboard that day.... I have a pretty good chance of getting a pic of the dead Jap pilot..... Maybe his face will look like the man in my album.... Maybe there will be a pic of my flag or book with men there that day..... All I know is I have spoken several times with one sailor that said he saw it happen and has the pictures of the plane to prove it. So to all you skeptics ... get a plane ticket and come to Florida and be there when history is verified..... Instead of bashing my story why don't you help find someone that can translate letters.... Surely they hold a key to proof as well.... Hey.... I have his name and address... maybe we can call his brother or something and see what day he didn't come home any more....lol or even check Jap records for his service and see everything we need to know...... That being said all you non believers can kiss my booty and quit posting negative stuff on my post. If all you can do is say me and my DAD are full of crap then just go away.... Those of you watching this fiasco, thinking this might be a true story.... you aren't wasting your time.......IT IS... Thanks to all of you that are helping..... Pat

?

As far as the flag.... I only know what my Dad said..... I looked on Japanese Kamikaze museum wed pages and read a last letter home from a Kamikaze pilot.... He left on his final mission and broke formation and flew over his moms house and threw out to her a letter wrapped in a silk Jap flag like mine... So they did in fact carry flags to their death.... Could mine actually be real and taken of pilot along with book.... If they have fake flags didn't they fake it off a real one???? I am trying to learn.... but is it REALLY impossible that my flag is not the real deal??? If I can prove that the plane didn't blow up...then couldn't it be possible that it did come off him...

?

I found info on the postcard.. I found a blank one here is the link http://www.manchukuostamps.com/Japan...0Manchukuo.htm

Japanprovided a free postal service for soldiers stationed in Manchukuo from 13thNovember 1931. Many variations of cards were printed for this service, some ofwhich appear below. The cards are distinguished by four large characters 軍事郵便 reading Military Post, either in a square shape, or alignedvertically. They will also usually have a box for a censors stamps with thecharacters 検閲censored.

Thecards were sent through branches of the South Manchurian Railway Zone PostOffices operating under the Kwantung Communications Bureau based in Dairen,although the service was tightly controlled by the military due to a need for censorship.Plain card could be hand stamped and used in the same way if stocksof pre-printed cards ran low.
    Click image for larger version. Name: DoveandHelmetPostcard.jpg Views: 2 Size: 86.2 KB ID: 697434If this letter is highly restricted and must have a censor stamp or postmark on it... It was obviously not mailed... Could this be a last letter home before his mission that they did not let him mail... I have read that Kamikaze were not allowed to write home as their mission neared and they had to smuggle mail out to their loved ones. That may explain why it was not stamped... Why would he take this to his death if did not mean something..?? Does anyone know what the secured zone was? Was there Kamikaze base there?? Thanks Pat

?

Quote Originally Posted by patfromtexas View Post

o3man...

I have said I was wrong and know it is an advertisement,,, I simply said I MISUNDERSTOOD what they said at the Consulate.... After thinking exactly what they said that day it is clear they did say paper was from pharmacy and they pointed to another part and said these are medicines.... I ASSUMED because of the communication gap that they meant it was a prescription. and I didn't withhold info... and I have already told Papa Nambu that I appreciate his help...

Thank you for info on business card... Does it have a name on it?? What was the title of the man on the card? Do you think it might have been his Father?? Maybe he was an engineer because his father was as well... Can anyone see if name on business card matches last name on letters...

As far as the plane that didn't blow up.... I will have the proof and yes it has been a very long and hard journey to prove it as well... Hell I'm taking off work and will spend at least $1000 to go get the PROOF in Florida from sailors that were there... Yes it is hard to prove ... but I have.... You say "only" is impossible to prove.... Yes but I have spent 10 years looking for proof that such a thing happened, not only on my Dad's ship but on any ship.... I was not able to find another incident of this caliber... So YES I do believe that this is the ONLY one ...

The album I am sure still holds many clues but I will have to get the letters translated first.. Anyone have any thoughts as to why this guy would carry a pharmacy add to his death????

As far as explaining why a Mitsubishi engineer would become a Kamikaze..... HONOR TO DIE FOR HIS COUNTRY................... MAYBE
    I guess you didn't read Papa Nambu's answer to your post on the card:

"The card is sideways in the picture, Japanese cards of the time usually read in columns rather than rows
    Name (in the middle) 水尾 Mizuo 正雄 Masao
    Having trouble reading some of the writing on the right (bottom in the picture), but the far right says 湖北 Hubei (in China) 省Province 政府 Government something(?)
    Then 三菱公司 Mitsubishi Co. 技師 Engineer
    The left side (top in the photo) is the address (appears to be in China but I'm having trouble reading the first part of the city name) and phone number (23883). "

Having had both Japanese and Chinese business cards myself, the owner of the card is the name in the middle.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast