Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Keeping your mannequins moth free

Article about: So I will be getting my first full uniform soon. I am wanting to display it on a mannequin but am afraid of those little creatures that destroy history. How do you with mannequins keep them

Default Keeping your mannequins moth free

So I will be getting my first full uniform soon. I am wanting to display it on a mannequin but am afraid of those little creatures that destroy history. How do you with mannequins keep them from getting ruined?

Ray

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Keeping your mannequins moth free

Hello Ray,
    If you choose not to use moth balls, you can use aromatic cedar balls. I am sure that there are other methods as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Lavendar (spelling?) oil on cotton balls/pads. This can usually be found at pharmacies and in health stores.

Where do you put them? In the pockets?

Moths don't like air and light...and essence of thyme, a little bottle =20

I usually put the lavender oil on a cotton ball and put this in a tiny plastic bag and that in a pocket or on the hanger.

Moth balls around the uniform and about in the room. Also i sometimes put some moth balls in a sock and pop it into a pocket.

Hi all I have been looking into this for my Brocades, I am buying a glass display cabinet from Ikea and was thinking of some sort of moth protection, if I did the same with the lavender oil on a cotton ball and hid it behind one of the buckles would this have the same effect? Also if there are 4 compartments to the cabinet would one ball do the cabinet or would it need one in each compartment even though it is not airtight?

Thanks

Ben
    Ben

A sprig of lavender in the pockets wouldn't go astray either or use Cloves, Thyme, Ginseng and Rosemary.
    Fill a sachet with one or a combination of these four herbs to keep moths at bay for months.

Who'da thought Dan was so domestically savvy??? .......... actually it was wifey!
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Thanks for all the replies!! As soon as I get my uniform I will post it on here. Thanks again.

Ray