Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Keeping your mannequins moth free

Article about: So I will be getting my first full uniform soon. I am wanting to display it on a mannequin but am afraid of those little creatures that destroy history. How do you with mannequins keep them

Default Keeping your mannequins moth free

So I will be getting my first full uniform soon. I am wanting to display it on a mannequin but am afraid of those little creatures that destroy history. How do you with mannequins keep them from getting ruined?

Ray

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Keeping your mannequins moth free
    P
    Many

Default Re: Keeping your mannequins moth free

Hello Ray,
    If you choose not to use moth balls, you can use aromatic cedar balls. I am sure that there are other methods as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Lavendar (spelling?) oil on cotton balls/pads. This can usually be found at pharmacies and in health stores.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Where do you put them? In the pockets?

Moths don't like air and light...and essence of thyme, a little bottle =20 €

I usually put the lavender oil on a cotton ball and put this in a tiny plastic bag and that in a pocket or on the hanger.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Moth balls around the uniform and about in the room. Also i sometimes put some moth balls in a sock and pop it into a pocket.

Hi all I have been looking into this for my Brocades, I am buying a glass display cabinet from Ikea and was thinking of some sort of moth protection, if I did the same with the lavender oil on a cotton ball and hid it behind one of the buckles would this have the same effect? Also if there are 4 compartments to the cabinet would one ball do the cabinet or would it need one in each compartment even though it is not airtight?

Thanks

Ben
    Ben

A sprig of lavender in the pockets wouldn't go astray either or use Cloves, Thyme, Ginseng and Rosemary.
    Fill a sachet with one or a combination of these four herbs to keep moths at bay for months.

Who'da thought Dan was so domestically savvy??? .......... actually it was wifey!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for all the replies!! As soon as I get my uniform I will post it on here. Thanks again.

Ray