Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

KL Collection

Article about: A fascinating collection Carl ! Nick

?

Default Re: KL Collection

Another example that shows similar correction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KL Collection
    P
    Many

?

Various postal control stamp markings present on examples from f.KL-Ravensbrück.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Collection   KL Collection  

KL Collection   KL Collection  

KL Collection  

?

A complete letter and cover set from KL-Sachsenhausen. Unusual to find in such fine condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Collection   KL Collection  

Carl, you have some very interesting items and thanks for sharing them mate. Even something as simple as a stamp, when it bears the word "Ravensbruck" is enough to send a shiver down your spine.

?

Thank you Dave,

Here are some more images of Konzentrationslagers prisoner letters. These detail shots show unusual examples from KL-Neuengamme and KL-Gross-Rosen.

The Gross-Rosen piece was written in late October 1944, just a few months before the camp was liberated. The content concerns the usual aspects of health, receipt of packages/money from loved ones and passing regards and thoughts to friends and family.

The other example, from Konzentrationslager Neuengamme, is a July 1941 four page format document. The letter was written by a male prisoner, and concerns many family members and friends, as well as addressing issues of faith, hope and love.

Regards,

Carl

Interesting as always, and good pictures.

I wonder what became of the poor fella that wrote it.

?

Another example of camp/ghetto related currency. Shown below is a fine condition piece from Litzmannstadt ghetto. The Quittungen (receipts), were created in several denominations, with this 50Rpf being the smallest. Note the tiny security dot marking, located within the Star of David found in the centre of the "0" in "50Rpf".

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I wonder what became of the poor fella that wrote it.
    The Neuengamme prisoner survived the war, and lived for many years. Unfortunately, the fate of the Gross-Rosen prisoner is unknown.

?

Litzmannstadt Zwei Mark Quittung:

This denomination was withdrawn from circulation, due to the counterfeits that were produced in the Litzmannstadt ghetto. A nice worn example, with small security dot present in the centre of the Star of David, found between the "M" and "a".

Regards,

Carl

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast