Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Collection

Article about: Here are my KM badges etc, so far all have been locally found. Trying to think of the best way to display them with my KM flag. -Ben

Default Kriegsmarine Collection

Here are my KM badges etc, so far all have been locally found. Trying to think of the best way to display them with my KM flag.
    -Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Collection   Kriegsmarine Collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Collection
    P
    Many

I take KM memorabilia is more rare the LWaffe, army, etc, since there were less KM personnel?

Wow, very cool collection - I'm interested in KM medals myself but not been collecting long so not got any yet (or saved the cash).
    You could get a felt backed picture frame? I've seen medals and badges displayed in such things.
    Nick

Riker cases are a good choice, and one I've relied on for displaying smaller pieces since I first started collecting. They're cheap, but they really don't look it. The backing they come with is white, but all you have to do is buy some craft felt in whatever colour you want, cut it to fit and place it over the existing padding.

Here's one of mine. Used to display some Battle of Britain relics, but able to fit just about any small item of militaria. Good for keeping the dust and moths away from cloth items too!

Kriegsmarine Collection

B.B.

Quote by harmonica View Post
    I take KM memorabilia is more rare the LWaffe, army, etc, since there were less KM personnel?
    Seems so harmonica, plus many of the ships went down

Thanks for the ideas chewie and brodie. I have one riker but its too small.

I have mine in a glass topped case 12"x9". It locks shut & I hang on the wall. The badges are held in place from the foam backing to the glass. They are available on-line & easy to find
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Collection  

MAP
    ?

I love those two early tombak Schwerins

David's idea is great. But another option which is my preferred method is a front opening shadow box. The depth gives it a nice look.

Made by Timeless Collectibles and sold in Michaels Craft Stores. I cover the back in velvet for a Pop!!! They look great on a wall.

https://timelessframes.com/frames/br...pid=1118045709

They come in many sizes and are not expensive.

(and yes...they are crooked in the photo...blame it on the door shutting)

Kriegsmarine Collection

Kriegsmarine Collection
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks all for the info!

?

I find that these inexpensive cases traditionally used for stamps and coins work well for badges and patches as well. The backing is thick but pliable and can support anything from a stamp to a nice sized badge by pressure alone. It can be hung on the wall or displayed like a picture frame on a shelf.

Kriegsmarine Collection

?

Thumbs up

I put my pin back badges - Km, Lw u. Heer on a piece of heavy cardboard covered with a red cloth. Works real good.
    I also put some of my medals in Riker mounts. Here are some examples with the glass covers off.
    Sarge
    Kriegsmarine CollectionKriegsmarine CollectionKriegsmarine CollectionKriegsmarine CollectionKriegsmarine CollectionKriegsmarine CollectionKriegsmarine Collection