Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Lets see your mintiest items!!

Article about: Thanks Ned, made by Steinhauer and Luck in five pieces with pegged centre EK and enamelled red ring...just as yours was made ! unfortunatly worth no where near yours ! Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: Lets see your mintiest items!!

My mintiest items pail in comparison to the rest of the items in this thread as to rarity, but mean more to me than any of the rest of my collection.

They are my Grandfathers medals from his time in the AAF during the war! I never met the man that earned these decorations, which is unfortunate, but atleast i can keep his story alive!

Good Conduct Medal, American Campaign Medal, European African Middle East Campaign with 2 bronze battle stars, and a WW2 Victory Medal.

What is quite interesting about his Good Conduct medal, is that in order to be awarded it, one must serve 3 years or more of military service, and not be subject to any disciplinary infractions. When i was examining my grandfathers discharge paper, it shows he held the rank of Corporal while in the ETO, but was later Honorably Discharged as Private First Class.

Aswell as his Expert Proficiency award for Machine gun, his Marksman Proficiency award for the m-1 Carbine, and his Ruptured Duck pin, denoting his Honorable Discharge!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lets see your mintiest items!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    I'd send you some free Civil War bullets, but I think you'd LOL!
    Civil war bullets? Cool can you post them Jay?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by DougB View Post
    This grouping of medals were given to me by good friend of the widow of RCASC Cpl John Delves, among many other items including his Canadian insignia and cap badges, an early SA/SS Gorget complete with chain shown on the 22 Standarte tunic ensemble, all came in the original box with the 1946 postmarked box and stamps, that John sent to his wife in Vancouver Island. The friend gave them to me as he is not a collector and he knew I would not split these up and sell them but honor John's memory by keeping his war memento's together and together they will stay so long as I am alive.

I have had other incredible items given to me, its amazing what is still out there. However, the families, now getting onto the 3rd generation researches the internet and profit off the items. The days of the veterans or widows giving these items to collectors who value them not for their monetary value but for their historical value are pretty much over.
    Doug, that's SUPER SUPER WOW.
    My heart goes missing a few beats just by looking at those photos.
    If i had the chance to had it in my hands i would be shaking
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    I'd send you some free Civil War bullets, but I think you'd LOL!
    Never laugh at a gift, why I'd love it and that's most kind of you! I love old bullets etc. I have some WW1 shrapnel balls, bullets and buttons dug from the Ypres front. This is the sharp end of war.

?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    My mintiest items pail in comparison to the rest of the items in this thread as to rarity, but mean more to me than any of the rest of my collection.

They are my Grandfathers medals from his time in the AAF during the war! I never met the man that earned these decorations, which is unfortunate, but atleast i can keep his story alive!

Fantastic items with a family heritage. Things like this are far better than any old miscellaneous minty medal. My compliments!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Here you go Kenneth. Black dress Der Fuhrer SS3 Officer tunic, named along with his named mint brocade belt and buckle. Fully researched grouping to Strobl that came with his visor as well.

Attachment 254115

Attachment 254116
    Doug the DF tunic is spectacular any chance of a close up of the SS3 Officers collar tab i've never seen one before ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Doug the DF tunic is spectacular any chance of a close up of the SS3 Officers collar tab i've never seen one before ?
    That I do have on this hard drive. Here you go Paul. I bought this grouping from Robert Hassler about oh, 6 years ago or so. The brocade belt and tunic are named to Strobl and came completely researched with his photograph. Robert had very detailed photos of the grouping on his site, it is one of the better untouched black tunics out there.

Attachment 254394

the sheer variety of different SS collar tabs ive seen on this forum is wild, never have i seen so many variations for one item! (due to many different manufacturers im sure)

?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    the sheer variety of different SS collar tabs ive seen on this forum is wild, never have i seen so many variations for one item! (due to many different manufacturers im sure)
    SS insignia is nuts to collect. I gave it the good old college try but as you say the sheer variety is overwhelming. I sold or traded most of what I had and will leave the SS insignia to the masters like Bob H and others. Ill stick to my SS helmets and CEF cap badges.

Not an old piece, but this is my mintest item. Canadian Forces arid pattern Tac-vest. Willing to part with it if there's any interested parties

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast