Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Little Museum in The Attic

Article about: Lately i have added this mannequin next to the banner. It's not finished yet. I need to find a LW belt, map case and a P39 holster.

Default Re: Little Museum in The Attic

Thanks Dave and Gizmo.
    I have a thing with docs and awards frames.
    Some of them came as a pair, but some of them were a ''put together'' by me
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Little Museum in The Attic
    P
    Many

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Thanks Dave and Gizmo.
    I have a thing with docs and awards frames.
    Some of them came as a pair, but some of them were a ''put together'' by me

JMM
    ?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Hi guys, i'm very happy that you enjoy this as much as i do. You are the only people that i can share my stuff with and know that they will be appreciated.
    Most people i know just think that i'm throwing my money in the garbage
    Hi there

Don't worry I guess that at this forum we've all had that feeling
    Most people just don't understand it, don't agree with it, think we accumulate junk and even judge you by wanting a place of your own to display things. Overall they just think we're lunatics... This is the right place to show and talk about your collections

Quote by JMM View Post
    Hi there

Don't worry I guess that at this forum we've all had that feeling
    Most people just don't understand it, don't agree with it, think we accumulate junk and even judge you by wanting a place of your own to display things. Overall they just think we're lunatics... This is the right place to show and talk about your collections
    And here comes my mini rant. I agree with all of this. My wife finally lost it the other day and said, in a fit of rage, "I hate your stupid helmets!" Well, it finally came out. I do the best I can to bite my tongue, but it's causing my blood pressure to be at unacceptable levels. I told her I'm sorry she doesn't have a hobby. She has a whole display cabinet full of Cinderella pieces, to which I say nothing in the negative. I don't see Cinderella items appreciating in value. Yet, I get crap for my collection. Hmmm, slightly unbalanced I do believe. I can't help it no one in her family grew up with hobbies or passions. My passion was and still is history, when I have the time to study it. My favorite time perod is the American Revolution, but collecting items from that time period is either way expensive or you never come across it, at least I haven't. My second favorite time period is WWII, and with many items available to collect, this fits me perfectly. Besides, for a little while longer, we can still talk to those who actually lived it, been there and done that. It's like trying to reason with a drunk; you just can't do it. So, I guess I will continue to check my blood pressure and hope she doesn't check the bank account.

Oh, we all know the feeling:

Amount X spent on Christmas decorations, the latest Tupperware inventions and ridiculously overpriced scented candles = The sensible purchase of absolutely essential supplies.

Same amount spent on a piece of militaria = a stupid waste of money for useless old junk.

Don't try to understand the math, just accept it.

Lol exactly.
    At least these collectible antiques have value which can always increase. It can never go down. FB told me that he was buying his SS tunics 40 years ago in the 70's for $2,5 whilst the value today as we all know is around 10.000 euros.
    Tell me which Louis Vitton bag can compete this
    Last edited by don_kihotis7; 03-13-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Btw i'll post some more pics as last night i didn't have enough time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Little Museum in The Attic   Little Museum in The Attic  

Little Museum in The Attic  

The plan is to fill the shelves with visor caps and move the helmets to the future annexated area
    I have 3 more helmets that are patiently waiting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Little Museum in The Attic   Little Museum in The Attic  

A memorial plaque from WWI in original frame.
    Probably the fallen soldiers were brothers or one of them could be the father of the other 2. Really sad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Little Museum in The Attic  

Very nice collection and very well displayed, looks great.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast