Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske

Article about: Friends, Some photos of my M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske purchased in 1974 for \\$50 and \\$25 respectively. This is the first memorable war material I collected not counting the Japanese

Default M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske

Friends, Some photos of my M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske purchased in 1974 for $50 and $25 respectively. This is the first memorable war material I collected not counting the Japanese bayonet and US sun helmet found in the attic. I became interested in such things as a teen in the early 70s. According to the book "Stahlhelm" this may be one of the first 100,000 produced due to the height of the visor. I have not confirmed this as fact - perhaps the group can chime in. The helmet is marked Brunnlieb and matches the gas mask canister. Unfortunately, the original helmet strap disintegrated. The copy on it now with the original hardware was made by Frank Barone. Neil H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske   M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske  

M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske   M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske  

M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske   M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske
    P
    Many

Default Re: M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske

Neil Hever, your M16 is a beauty !...and leather gasmask/container superb...i love named items,especially rare to have a matching (named) pair, great prices back then, have seen how much these items go for these days !....two high end desirable pieces for any Imperial collection.

I agree , 2 very nice items , very specail indeed , cheers Raymond

Love the look of that helmet! Gasmask also very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Rob

?

Thumbs up Re: M16 Stahlhelm and matching Gasmaske

Very Nice! You don't see to many M16 with the liner's intact

Thank you kindly gents for your feedback! Over the years I was tempted to sell when times got tough but I could not part with my first real purchase. Any thoughts on value these days? Neil H.

Neil Hever, gasmask + can, approx £150-200, ($300), a good M16 approx £300+,($500+).