Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Matthewsq (Quinn's) Collection!

Article about: Hey Guys! Thought I would show off my collection to the forum! It's a pretty small bundle of items, but I'm proud of it I'm mostly interested in world war one items, so I've been spending mo

Default Re: Matthewsq (Quinn's) Collection!

Wagriff- Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate it! I'll make sure to post good photos.
    Crites- the other medals are a germany-france star and a Candadian Volunteer medal. Goodluck with your Italy star search!
    ww1ww2, thanks for the words!

Managed to pick up a first world war Canadian Stretcher Bearers brodie and a second world war helmet he had from the veterans niece. She says she had his gasmask but threw it out as it was deteriorating in condition (!!!) The brodie has his name written in it, as well as a piece

I'll upload some pictures soon! The second world war helmet has 232 stenciled on it. Also, a dent or ping that I would guess is a bullet hit.. but I'm not sure. Could be any old dent I suppose. I'll show pictures. The helmet is dated 1941, a nice early war helmet. I'm not sure if the 232 means it is homeguard/rear use.

Thanks everyone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matthewsq (Quinn's) Collection!

Quinn - very nice items. Great rifle also. As Pete said earlier, we all started somewhere !

( BTW, You have the ribbons mixed up on your grandfather's Canadian medals.
    Below are correct and in the right order. The bar on the CVSM is for overseas
    service, so if it's lost, you'll have to find another......... )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB115371.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	429405  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12