Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medals and Medal Stand - Looking for additional Information

Article about: Does anyone happen to know much about these medals. I've found a couple of 'singles' listed in some auction houses but never anything with all 3 with a specially made stand. The stand is spe

?

Default Medals and Medal Stand - Looking for additional Information

Does anyone happen to know much about these medals. I've found a couple of 'singles' listed in some auction houses but never anything with all 3 with a specially made stand. The stand is specially made for these 3 medals, because the sizes of the medals are different and the stand fits each one perfectly. The medals are 1929, 1930, 1932. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Medals and Medal Stand - Looking for additional InformationMedals and Medal Stand - Looking for additional Information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medals and Medal Stand - Looking for additional Information
    P
    Many

They are a lovely set of medals and interestingly displayed. Perhaps the holder was commissioned to be made as a presentation piece for someone? Either way a nice collection of items. Welcome to the forum. Thank you for becoming a gold member with your first post very uncommon but most welcome. Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

Interesting piece. Love the holder. These do not appear to be military related.

Verfassungstag roughly translates to Constitution Day (not sure if this a proper translation)

Verfassungstag Goethe Gedenk Jahr / Ehrenpreis des Reichs prasidenten= Constitution Day Goethe Commemorative year /
    Honorary award of the Empire prasidenten (again not a great translation but you get the point)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Default Additional Help Needed with Hitler Letter

I recently purchased this letter from Hitler to Hoffman but do not know exactly what it says. I was told it discusses the infamous picture of 1914 in Munich. From what I understand this picture is now being called a fake and one of the reasons is because they say it doesn't surface until the 1930's. My letter is dated 1924, so if it truly says what they say it says, doesn't that prove the picture was being discussed prior to 1930?Medals and Medal Stand - Looking for additional Information

MAP
    ?

Welcome Cwrenn. I would recommend you post this letter in the correct sub-forum. Being new it can be tricky to navigate your way around here.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...a-third-reich/

You will get more people looking at it. Maybe Andreas will be around to help translate the letter. He is particularly good at this and is a valued member here.

Pardon my ignorance, but what photo from Munich are you referencing? Is that the one with Hitler in the massive crown in the square?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I am very new to this and am having a difficult time navigating things. There is a second page to the letter but I can always send that to someone, if they are interested in seeing it. This is the picture Hitler is asking about and there is printing on the reverse (but I'm unsure what it says)

Medals and Medal Stand - Looking for additional InformationMedals and Medal Stand - Looking for additional Information

The 1932 dated medal is a souvenir for Constitution Day. Constitution Day-Goethe-Commemorative year 1932
    AN honorary award of the empire president. This is a literal translation and I really need to practice.

?

These are very nice and 1 of them seems to be solid silver. Each medal weigh 1/3 of a pound.

?

Yes. That's correct. I posted the actual picture (front and back) that came with the letter. Thank you again! I truly appreciate your help.

MAP
    ?

a quick run through Google Translate will give you the gist of what the back of the photos says. It won't be perfect but you should get the meaning. To me it is one photo of a propaganda piece put out by the NSDAP

"Germany awakens - struggle and victory of the Nazi party" "Image #2" is very rough for the first two lines.

Post the handwritten letter in the link I gave you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast