Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mende Volksempfanger 301

Article about: Hi all Got this Mende VE 301 the way the pics show: For the time beeing only a "cosmetic" operation was made (against what I would like I may have to replace the loudspeaker cloth

JMM
    ?

Default Mende Volksempfanger 301

Hi all

Got this Mende VE 301 the way the pics show:

Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301

For the time beeing only a "cosmetic" operation was made (against what I would like I may have to replace the loudspeaker cloth once it's too fragile and it has some holes. Right now i'm not considering working on the "electronic" part - only the plug was replaced for a more suitable one. Also the cable is not the original one). I'll now research for related documentation and "study" the best way to display it. It's a fantastic piece of history with aprox. 80 years old.
    After a major cleaning inside out this is the way it looks:

Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mende Volksempfanger 301
    P
    Many

I just love old valve radio's, and my amateur radio callsign reflects this... M0CRN... the CRN standing for: 'Classic Radio Nut'. All my transceivers used to be valve sets. There is something about these sets which modern transistorised radios just don't have. Thanks for showing, and you've done a good job of cleaning it up.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

I'm with Steve on loving older tube radio's.
    Great looking radio

We still have a TV 7/U tube tester at work in the older test equipment.
    When I do a test equipment familiarization class, the Marines ask "What's a Tube" UGHHHH
    They don't even teach my tech's tube theory anymore.
    Sad but true in this day and age of solid state devices.
    I really like the term "Valve" Steve.

Great looking radio

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 08-03-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Valve must be "British" terminology. In the 1960's remember my parents had a "valve wireless" that sat unused in the garage for many years. The term "tube" I only ever heard referring to as in television tube, but never radio.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Valve must be "British" terminology. In the 1960's remember my parents had a "valve wireless" that sat unused in the garage for many years. The term "tube" I only ever heard referring to as in television tube, but never radio.
    Yes it is , You know US rebellious cousins had to make changes. But I'll be darned if Monty Python and Benny Hill didn't have me throw a Sticky Wicket in there when I have a chance!!

I believe it also has to do with the TV using a Cathode Ray Tube. Hence the "Tube".

Semper Fi
    Phil

JMM
    ?

After a long web search, I found out that it's very hard to find original documentation or the price is too high… The only original document I could get is the license (rundfunkgenehmigung). All others are copies (for the display will do…)
    The VE 301 brochure that you find all over the net is not accurate once it's printed as a folder. After several looks at it I realised the original was actually a trifolder.
    Here's what I got / "made" so far (trifolder brochure; folder brochure; denke daran card; installment payment cards; rundfunkausstellung Berlin postcards; 1934 Mende catalog; 1938 rundfunkgenehmigung):

Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301

JMM
    ?

Ok, here's the display (once I gathered a lot of documentation did not use it all)

Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301

JMM
    ?

Found an original Deutsche Rundfunkausstellung Berlin 1938 postcard at a "normal" price (it will display well with de radio)

Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301Mende Volksempfanger 301

As a side note, and while searching for VE related material, I came across some pics of a VE301 with two eagles (had never seen one before)