Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Michael Wittman Display

Article about: you know what is sad i used to go to France twice a year and always went pay my respect to the Canadian at the cemetery and decided to go at Le Cambre (twice) to see the German cemetery ther

Default Michael Wittman Display

I assembled this simple display from a reproduction Knights Cross, a piece of green felt, a plastic candy tray, and a photocopy of Michael Wittman.

Total cost was $20. for the cross, and $4.00 for 8" of ribbon ( fashioned into a neck ribbon by attaching two cords. )

Regards,

Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Michael Wittman Display  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Michael Wittman Display
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Michael Wittman Display

Very nice, here`s a pic of his gunner " Bobby Woll " without whom he would not have run up such a large score.
    Attached Images Attached Images Michael Wittman Display 
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Very cool, walkwolf! I was thinking of doing something similar with a photocopy of Walter Kruger. Mabie get some fake collar tabs and cuff title.....since I will never afford the originals!

Quote by Reich Dog Walker View Post
    Very cool, walkwolf! I was thinking of doing something similar with a photocopy of Walter Kruger. Mabie get some fake collar tabs and cuff title.....since I will never afford the originals!
    Original awards of this kind are just too darned expensive !

Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice scratch build. Tankers know its a crew effort. I cant get that kill in time if my loader isnt fast enough and my driver hits the burm! My first gunnery was the first for me driving in the snow ever! And I was in a tank not a car. I hit the burm more than once! I also hit another tank and almost took the door off a truck! Tank plus ice equals crash! Lee

?

Im off to Normandy at the end of this month and ill be seeing Wittmans and his crews graves, Omaha, Pointe Du Hoc, Gold Sword Juno beaches, Merville Batterie, St Mare Eglise, Pegasus bridge, been waiting all my life to see these places, cant wait

?

Thanks for that Jean, now i really cant wait

?

I know you will enjoy! See as much as you can! I stayed 2 days there and still want to go back. Lee

A clever display Steve, I like it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast