Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 2019 SOS Haul.

Article about: My traditional "haul" post after a big show. This year's SOS was characterized by my typical acquisition fever. I went with the goal of acquiring just one really nice M44 Heer tuni

TWS
    ?

Default My 2019 SOS Haul.

My traditional "haul" post after a big show. This year's SOS was characterized by my typical acquisition fever. I went with the goal of acquiring just one really nice M44 Heer tunic, but came home with two. I knew of the existence of both prior to the show - and some members may too as they both were on two different highly reputable consignment dealers' sites. I had a drawn out trade deal percolating around the infantry piped one and on Friday when that deal didn't seem like it was going to go through, I turned my attention to the Panzer-Grenadier piped example. I had examined the images of it prior to the show but didn't want to pay the asking price. To my relief the consignor was flexible and we arrived at a mutually agreeable amount. On Saturday the trade deal on the Infanterie piped example unexpectedly went through and BAM! just like that I had two M44's to carry home. The Infanterie one is stinking late with a date of January '45. It has the split tongue shoulder straps and both have printed eagles. The branch color piped collar tabs are of course not expected as they should be Einheitslitzen. I cannot say for sure how or when they got on there, but they do look neat. The Army Administration Waffenrock was a bit of an impulse buy because it looks so cool and the seller is a really fantastic guy who I have known for a very long time, so I figured it was my turn to be custodian for a while. I added the medal bar and brocade belt for display. The Luftwaffe dagger is an Alcoso and nothing super special but I needed an orange handled one for a display idea. The M35 Heer helmet has it's own thread already.
    My 2019 SOS Haul.My 2019 SOS Haul.My 2019 SOS Haul.My 2019 SOS Haul.My 2019 SOS Haul.My 2019 SOS Haul.My 2019 SOS Haul.My 2019 SOS Haul.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 2019 SOS Haul.
    P
    Many

What an amazing shopping spree you had. Some great pieces. Congratulations

I'm not in the US...how many Shows / Fairs do most people get to out there (large and small) a year.....(I'm not asking how many there are.....I bet there are thousands)...but I'm intrigued as to how many the average man gets to in such a large land mass?

Some stonemint tunics there for sure!
    You guys in the US have all the best stuff!
    When going to a military show/fair here in my country
    90% is crap fake stuff! Dont even bother going to them anymore..
    Great pieces Todd wauw!

?

Lovely haul, Todd!
    Well done!

Ref the branch collar patches, my (one) M44 has Pz.Gren. insignia, which again appears period applied. Presumably fitted by the unit stores, prior to issue...

Bob

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Same thing here!

Very nice haul, btw!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Some great pickups - you must be feeling super pleased with yourself. No buyers remorse...
    Unable to attend SoS, I did pickup a really nice helmet which I will post up shortly.
    nick

TWS
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    What an amazing shopping spree you had. Some great pieces. Congratulations
    Thanks Andy! I tend to do this every SOS and MAX show. Thankfully that means only twice/year.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    I'm not in the US...how many Shows / Fairs do most people get to out there (large and small) a year.....(I'm not asking how many there are.....I bet there are thousands)...but I'm intrigued as to how many the average man gets to in such a large land mass?
    I couldn't tell you how many total in the U.S. but there is a publication that tries to list all of them for collectors to have a sort of consolidated index. Right now I'm having a senior moment and cannot think of the name.
    I personally go to four/year. The SOS, the MAX, and a (tiny by comparison) local show that is held twice a year. I go to the local show more to sell than to buy. I don't know what the average collector's attendance is, but I do know one dealer/collector that told me he goes to some 30 shows a year. I told him I didn't even know there were that many that are worth criss-crossing the country!

The SOS and MAX are so large that they draw collectors from the U.K. and Europe and even a few from further afield. There is a yearly show in Pomona California that is also somewhat large and famous, but I don't go.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Some stonemint tunics there for sure!
    You guys in the US have all the best stuff!
    Great pieces Todd wauw!
    Thank-you sir! Don't get the impression that shows here are "perfect". There is still a lot of dodgy stuff that may either be outright fake or at least played with, but with so much stuff total even subtracting the percentage that is questionable there is still a lot of good original items.

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Lovely haul, Todd!
    Well done!

Ref the branch collar patches, my (one) M44 has Pz.Gren. insignia, which again appears period applied. Presumably fitted by the unit stores, prior to issue...

Bob
    Thanks! Yes sir. Absolutely. That's why I described them as "not expected" rather than "replaced". I have examined the underside of the collar closely and, while not 100% certain, I do not see any clear evidence of stitch holes that would indicate other tabs had been there previously.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast