Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

My Berlin Wall.

Article about: It's amazing what you can do with just some felt and craft wood willie !

Nice! Is the 'faust going in the taller space?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Berlin Wall.
    P
    Many

It was going to go in the long narrow space to the left, I actually built it that size fairly optimistically with the view of getting a faust to go in there eventually, I didn't expect to find one so soon - nor did I expect to find one with the projectile, so depending on whether I get the head into Oz I might have to rethink it. If the head doesn't get here then I'll put the tube in there but it wouldn't fit as a complete piece. I could fit it into the newest space by putting the head alongside the tube which could look good.

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    One more bit done this weekend, it's taking me forever!
    Compared to the timescale of my projects, you are really shifting....

I like what you are doing very much, inspiring for when I finally get round to displaying my small collection (which is scheduled for after I've finished the bathroom and the decorating, but before I start building the summerhouse...).

The photographic backgrounds are really effective, visually attractive and connect the artifacts to their origins. I'm imagining that you are going to have a photographic background for the large compartment too? I wonder if you have considered finding ways of presenting the objects in that compartment so that they 'fill' the space, rather than resting on the bottom shelf?

Thank you for taking the time to update us on your progress,

Regards, Philip

Surely if the head is deactivated and shipped by itself, the customs guys won't have a scooby-do what it is and will pass it? Maybe have the shipping declaration (not incorrectly) identify the piece as 'antique metal component' or somesuch?

I've had a helmet shipped as an 'antique metal hat' once. I wasn't being dishonest was I?

Thanks Phillip, the largest of the spaces, which I haven't finished yet, was designed to house both a model of the fuhrerbunker and some artifacts as well. The idea is to have to fuhrerbunker model lowest, then the voorbunker above that and the steps leading to the Chancellery garden at the top. I will display my fuhrerbunker plate in the lower section and some of my Chancellery pieces in the higher section. The section which is in the highest position will have the plate from the Reich Chancellery and a few other bits. Originally the latest part that I've just finished was supposed to be left empty to allow for future pieces but that will possibly change depending on whether I can get the rest of the panzerfaust into Oz. All of the different sections are designed to have acrylic stands supporting different pieces at different heights, I'll worry about that when the cabinet is finished though - hopefully not too much longer but I keep saying that!lol

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Surely if the head is deactivated and shipped by itself, the customs guys won't have a scooby-do what it is and will pass it? Maybe have the shipping declaration (not incorrectly) identify the piece as 'antique metal component' or somesuch?

I've had a helmet shipped as an 'antique metal hat' once. I wasn't being dishonest was I?
    I don't think anyone would know what it is either, I got the tube sent to my work in the automotive industry, we deal in exhausts mostly, so I had it addressed to me C.O. work, I'd say they just thought it was an exhaust sample. I'm hoping the head will pass for a blown muffler sample.

lol!

A little extreme isn't it? To blow your muffler with a Panzerfaust?

its looking great dave imho there can be no time limit on a labour of love
    Regards James

Very cool!.......

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast