Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Canadian Collection...

Article about: Inspired by DougB's thread on his Canadian war room, I thought I would post some a couple of photos of some of the uniform items in my own collection. Some of my Canadian headwear: Some of m

Default Re: My Canadian Collection...

Thank you very much for post the extra pictures with the information added, much appreciated. A superb collection.

Interesting that the Canadian black watch wear a backing rosette behind the badge on the Glengarry cap, whilst the British did not. Also the Winnipeg grenadiers appear to wear the exact same badge as the British grenadier guards.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Canadian Collection...
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Thank you very much for post the extra pictures with the information added, much appreciated. A superb collection.

Interesting that the Canadian black watch wear a backing rosette behind the badge on the Glengarry cap, whilst the British did not. Also the Winnipeg grenadiers appear to wear the exact same badge as the British grenadier guards.
    It is my understanding that the Black Watch of Canada generally did not wear a rosette backing behind the badge, but this cap had one when I found it (though there is no provenance with this particular cap).

Quote by ledfut View Post
    It is my understanding that the Black Watch of Canada generally did not wear a rosette backing behind the badge, but this cap had one when I found it (though there is no provenance with this particular cap).
    Never say never when it comes to items like this and they did not always follow the regulations. I was not doubting it, I just wondered if they had a different tradition in Canada.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That is a beautiful collection and greatly displayed.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Superb collection and well displayed with excellent descriptions, my compliments! My favorite artifacts are the XII Mb Dragoons beret, your FSSF / Perth beret, and the LdSH BD. (let me know when your bored with it!). Of course the 49th Loyal Eddies as well! Excellent!

absolutely outstanding collection ,many thanks for showingjames
    Regards James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2