Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

My canteens

Article about: by packin9 to find that Russian glass canteen in one piece seems amazing ...which reminds that I just got another one, this time with markings. Some of my kameraden have got a lot of them, b

?

Default Re: My canteens

Thanks for the reply
    -How do HJ, BDM, paramilitary canteens differ from regular field canteens ?- is it the strap pattern? I must have seen any number of canteens on offer on forums, dealers sites,etc, but honestly, I can not remember any one of them being described as belonging to HJ, BDM, paramilitary organisation. If you have any, could you please post a couple of pictures for me to look at.
    Best Wishes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My canteens
    P
    Many

The describing is the mystery part of the German canteens for me, too No-one seems to know exactly what model belonged to which organisation's equipment. You can buy an paramilitary canteen easily described as HJ, NSDAP, Rote Kreutz etc. at the same time, it depends on the seller. But one thing is sure- you can always recognize the paramilitary and the army canteens. These are some of my para's:front & back view

The para (left) and regular M31 (right). As you can see, the para doesn't have the strap for drinking cup...

...and the army canteen's straps are attached to the felt cover with extra piece of leather
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

My canteens   My canteens  

Three battlefield finds, two bacelite cups (one of them is not black as usually but dark brown) and veteran of WWI, all from the same place
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens  

Canteen with unmarked'n'amputated cap and the big mystery drinking cup. It's round, it's unmarked and it's made of much thicker aluminium than German cups. The selles said that he found it together with a lot of German equipment. Has anyone seen one like this? What period, what army?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

Grounddugs arrived today. Two Imperials (one unmarked, the other dated 1914 and marked with various stamps, including Russian Imperial eagle), lot of Germans (the earliest for me this far dated 1934), drinking cup has initials WK.

This one I've seen but have no idea about it's origin, all I know it's WWI

I'm totally amazed by the fact what treasures are still found in the attics of my home town! Today I got this, absolutely mint, just perfect in every aspect. Enjoy!

My canteens  

jh92
    ?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have an awesome collection!

One more HRE 41, this time the cap is big question

Some people say that one should not buy a story but the nice item itself. I only buy canteens that are found in my country, no matter what condition (I have only 2 or 3 canteens which came from abroad). Last night was no different. A guy called me and offered a canteen. So went over to him and saw a beautiful RFI 40, which had the original owner's name written on top strap, back strap, cup and screw cap. And then the story began: Karl Stieldorf was the German soldier, who was fighting in Estonia. Young Karl met the Estonian girl, they fell in love etc.etc. When German army retreated from Estonia in autumn of 44, Karl decided to stay- love was stronger than fear. Some time after the war's end he was captured by Russians and that's where his traces disappear. But the story itself continued, cos the guy who was talking this to me, is Karl's grandson. Some ten years or so ago he heard the story himself for the first time and also found out that many of Karl's fieldgear is still there, in his granny's house. I saw also Karl's gas mask with cannister, bread bag, belt with SS buckle, some unknown pouch (probably compass) and there sure is more. The canteen, cup and cap are marked RFI 40, straps K.u.B. 40; unfortunately the rust has done it's work and I can't open the buttons, but I can see the date 40 also inside the cover.

My canteens  

?

Quote by gnadenlose View Post
    A mystery Flasche. Reminds me the Swedish one, but the markings and some other details look strange. Some guys thought it might be Finnish (which I guess is total BS), some other said it might be Polish. Maybe someone can help me to solve the big mystery?
    Looks similar to a WW2 Soviet w/bottle to me

As usual, I am willing to stand corrected by those more knowledgeable than myself.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast