Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

My Collection.

Article about: Yes, I would, very much, it looks very interesting Where did you buy it, I wonder? I always "run" into helmets, badges and those loveable visors only.

?

Default Re: My Collection.

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    It was in a fire... but it is also a Janke fake
    I have not gotten rid of it yet, maybe I will cut it in half to see what it is made of.
    Sorry about your visor, I would cut it up or use it for fancy dress.

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection.
    P
    Many

Thank you, it is no monetary loss for me, but of course it makes you sad finding out that one of your items is fake. I might listen to your advice and have a dress to go with it.

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Sorry about your visor, I would cut it up or use it for fancy dress.

Cheers, Pat
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

That photo I cannot wait to see, I assume that they are rare. I wonder if they still work.
    I used to see similar ones for sale from time to time. They used to pop up, but its been a while but I havent really been surfing the sellers sites. They dont seem to be the most sought after item. They are very bulky, so its not something a collector would put in a briefcase and show off at the next WWII geek meet.
    They work just as fine as the day they were made. What did you expect; they are German!Diameter of glass is huge. Magnification in not the largest. The only thing, that has degraded is the rubber protection for the forehead, as you lean into the binos.
    Last edited by Scout; 03-26-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Hi Chrissy, great to see your new items. Good additions to the "fleet".

I grow my own lavender to use in the collection rooms.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I have alergies to lavander. So its moth balls for me.

Cheers, Pat

KSH
    ?

It was in a fire... but it is also a Janke fake
    Not necessarily a Janke for sure, Christina - but a reproduction non-the-less - although Janke did/does use the reproduction "bullion" cockades where the black segment is made up of cotton wire and not bullion-wire (other fakers surely must be using these as well though).

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Very impressive collection, keep up the good work!

Best Regards,
    from Estland.

Very impressive collection! I love the helmets, I have just recently got my first KM helmet, but an M35 (my favourite). I have a KM buckle and MS badge (no pin sadly) on hold to display with it (thanks to the man in question if he reads this ).

Cheers, Andy

Thanks guys for your comments!

For those who like to use lavender, it is best used in one of these ways: either dry and put inside little cloth bags or a few drops of liquid natural oil on a piece of cloth near your items - never on them as it will stain them and ruin any old smell they might have

Lavender has another bonus - it makes you fall asleep if you inhale too much of it (no, I do not sniff lavender).
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Good tip Christina, Thanks. I'll have to give lavender a try.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast