Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My collection bought 18/20 years ago.

Article about: Hi Guys I'm new to the forum so I thought I would share part of my collection with you all.I bought these items 18 to 20 years ago.I havn't added to my collection since and i bought these in

Default My collection bought 18/20 years ago.

Hi Guys
    I'm new to the forum so I thought I would share part of my collection with you all.I bought these items 18 to 20 years ago.I havn't added to my collection since and i bought these in my late teens and early twenties so go easy on me as I really didn't know what I was buying at the time and in all honesty still don't.Its just that I had an interest in ww2 .These items were all bought from militaria fares in Manchester and Bolton.The tunic cost £60 can anyone tell me what year this particular one would have been made also tell me anything about the cap.The cap cost £28 can anyone tell anything about it,the armband £15 the wound badge I think £15 and the iron cross second class £3 the helmet was £20.Thanks in advance ,Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My collection bought 18/20 years ago.   My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  

My collection bought 18/20 years ago.   My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  

My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection bought 18/20 years ago.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My collection bought 18/20 years ago.

Well whit first eye catch I'll like your things, looks very goog to me, but I'm not expert
    I also bought some things when I was junger, I was not so lucky, thought I was! to I came to this forum and the guys took a look ad my things! seval pices was fake
    Hope yours not
    Good luck

A couple of more pics.The breast eagle on the tunic has silver thread is this significant to a particular year?The back of the wound badge has the numbers 127 near the bottom and the helmet liner band has B&C Berlin written on it.Oh I hope none are fakes.

I read on the internet somewhere that all volkssturm tunics had there shoulder straps taken off them when they were issued to the volkssturm like mine has,is this true and if so why.Also do the 3 pips on the collar denote a company commander? Hope you guys can help,cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My collection bought 18/20 years ago.   My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  

Hi Bluemoon

Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with the uniform or with the cap. The armband and the helmet look good. The medals/badges will require better pictures in order to judge them.

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum!

All the prices you quote were certainly the going rate at the time. Things have changed a bit now.

I am happy with the armband, wound badge, helmet, and cap and are all original.

The EKII I am fairly sure is a bad fake.

You are correct about the shoulder straps for volkssturm units, as they did not wear them. The breast eagle is an Army officers version.

Moving on now to the tunic itself. This raises several questions with me. I am not at all sure what it is? The material and cut would suggest it is a pre war early 1930's Reichwehr officers pattern tunic: But it appears to have a lighter green piping to the tunic front edge, lower pocket edges and around the cuff turn ups. Am I right in saying that? Or am I just seeing wear? (Piped tunics exist but should not have this along the pocket edges.) Also the number of buttons down the front is not the usual five. The collar material is not the usual quality dark green "badge cloth" and looks rather course. I am not convinced about the collar tabs. These look like felt. Could I see the inside and back please?

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade
    Thanks for taking time to have a look.It has the lighter green piping as you say to the front edge,pockets and sleeve turn ups.The collar tabs aren't felt.Ive added a few more pics I hope this will help.The tunic has that old musty smell about it.I would be gutted if it is a fake
    What about the breast eagle and volkssturm armband do you thinks these are genuine or not.Thanks in advance Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  My collection bought 18/20 years ago.  My collection bought 18/20 years ago. 

Hi Dave, thanks for the extra pics.

I am still at a complete loss to explain what this tunic is? The piping has me beat

My initial thoughts about it being a Reichwehr pattern tunic cannot be right: the back is not in the correct cut.

The lining is a light colour is also unusual.

I am sure it is pre 1945. The dagger slit would seem to indicate it is not a converted West German jacket of some description.

Is there any evidence of any insignia being removed from it?

The armband again is slightly unusual given the heavy looking seams to each edge. The breast eagle looks fine.

I think you need to put the uniform on the uniforms forum to try and gain some more input.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks again for your input Ade.There is no sighn of other insignia being removed only the shoulder straps, will put it on the uniform forum and see if anyone can give some more information about the tunic.Could it have been a private purchase?Thanks Dave

Hi Bluemoon
    I can really sure that the cap and armbands are good, but the uniform....I pay a lot no good on this example, I haven't see this kind of linen and fabric surface before, the insignias collocation also.....
    one explanation may be late war production, it seem that this tunic is issued for civilian combat group....who knows that in the chaotic year 1945 would issue what kind of tunic?

still need more expert

Kr
    Eric

SEMPERJACK
    ?

Thanks for Sharing Bluemoon, I don't know squat about clothing-but I do have a wound badge& I/C's from WW1&2 and yours look A #1.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast