Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My collection clutter - mark #2 ( or, will I ever learn to be tidy? )

Article about: Ok, so we sell up our home of 22 years ( where my collection was relegated to the garage .... " not having THAT STUFF in my house" ) and buy a farm. Wow, lots of room here darling,

I shouldn't grumble - the beauty of having five acres is that the "shed" can be a long way from the house.

"Can you fix that light for me?" ..

"Sure thing darl, I'll just pop down to the shed to get some stuff" ....... snigger, snigger. ..
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection clutter - mark #2 ( or, will I ever learn to be tidy? )
    P
    Many

Beautiful down that way, im north of Sydney..you guys would have been frozen last night lol

Dan, Being a fellow Sydney sider, just wanted to know what if anything you do to protect your lids from the Sydney humidity? Im petrified mine are going to rust away!
    Cheers,
    Mark

?

That is a Great looking Man Shed Dan. I could spend hours in that badboy!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

The 'Short Timer' bottles are not really Vietnam related; they were sold thru the EES / AAFES PXs & Class VI stores back in the 1970s. Here are my father's three bottles, all bought in West Germany in the mid 1970s, well before he left the military. Anyone remember the Class VI stores?

Attachment 847093

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Beautiful down that way, im north of Sydney..you guys would have been frozen last night lol
    Yes, about 3 deg C ( but don't tell the northern hemisphere boys - they'll think we're pussys!! )

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That is a Great looking Man Shed Dan. I could spend hours in that badboy!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    I do Phil, I do ......

Quote by Alexander View Post
    The 'Short Timer' bottles are not really Vietnam related; they were sold thru the EES / AAFES PXs & Class VI stores back in the 1970s. Here are my father's three bottles, all bought in West Germany in the mid 1970s, well before he left the military. Anyone remember the Class VI stores?
    Sorry, I meant Vietnam era as the later versions had the kevlar PASGT helmet.

Quote by NineLives View Post
    Dan, Being a fellow Sydney sider, just wanted to know what if anything you do to protect your lids from the Sydney humidity? Im petrified mine are going to rust away!
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Some of the relic lids continue to flake others have had wax or spray fixative ( matt varnish ) and are fine.
    The good ones live in boxes with a sachet of silica gel. There is a curtain on the helmet shelves to keep out dust and unwanted visitors ( the kind that just don't understand why we collect this "junk"

Nice shed Dan!.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast