Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My collection mainly US but growing...

Article about: An updated picture with my AAF items, I finally got some AN-6530's Steve!!!

Default Re: My collection mainly US but growing...

Thank you very much Steve I guess I will just have to bite the bullet when I get the money because this is one of my most valued and sentimental items in my collection. I imagine it was my great great grandfathers before my great grandfathers because he was born in 1909 and lied about his age various time to join the military and to continue flying... I would like to learn more about watches is their a section on the forum? -Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection mainly US but growing...
    P
    Many

No, I don't believe there is much on watches on the forum, only a couple of threads
    asking for information on them.

I'm glad you feel this way about your watch - Not the greatest timepiece out there,
    but whether it is working or not, to you it's a treasured object.

After being ripped off, I bought a couple of good books on watches. One is called:
    'Complete Price Guide To Watches' - 2.5" thick ! - but along with values, it also
    has developmental history, illustrations, serial numbers, dates of manufacture
    and other info. About $30-$40 in the States, but worth it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks I will have to get that book someday cant learn enough! and I cant believe that people would sell items like this that have been in their family but that is just my opinion. Tomorrow I plan on posting a few 99th infantry items for those who want to see more of my collection. -Ben

I do not steal all of the German stuff around here, come with me to a few shops sometime and we can set you up with a nice starter piece.

You have a nice collection by the way. You're very lucky that you have family heirlooms like this.

?

Very nice collection ! I like the watch. Thanks for showing ...

Kind regards
    Alex

Finnaly more pics Ill start with a 99th 4 pocket class A, dress cap shirt and tie all from the same guy that was in the 395th, and a different officers garrison cap that was 99th also. It is slightly discolored. I have a 43 and a few other 99th items also. Feel free to comment -Ben My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...

Here are some photos of the soldier from the 395th the first few are him and the rest are others from his unit notice the camouflage My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...

Here are two of my favorite items my IBM carbine (SN38075xx) that looks to be in very good shape besides some post war parts, and my Springfield M1 Garand (SN34624xx) that seems to be battle ridden. A veteran told be the large scratch on the side was the start of a kill count but I imagine its just a scratch any comments? My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...My collection mainly US but growing...
    Sorry for the large amount of pictures

The lines on the forestock are two slices of wood inserted to repair a crack.

You can see between them a thin indented line were a piece of wire
    or something was used to hold or clamp the split wood together.
    There are sanding scuffs around the whole area.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I was told this before and ive thought about replacing it but it matches the character of the rest of the stock and the gas cylinder if you look by the front sight it is cut so the set screw can tighten more. This is what I was told is a field modification and most likley WWII any thoughts? My intentions on my first garand was to get an extremely salty one since I reenact and to get something to display as if it was used alot -Ben

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast