Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

My Collection - A portion

Article about: These don't look pretty but have been meaning to post my collection for a long time and never get around to it. So after seeing some beautiful posts the last few days I took some quick snaps

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Weirdly - I like this (almost) as much as your collection. You gotta love anything to do with machinery and engines.
    Do you have a reason for buying this, or just want to dig stuff? It would be fine if this was the only reason.

nick
    LoL. Thanks. Boys and their toys. My wife got tired of me talking about buying this over the last year as our old tractor died! It will be put to hard use on some vacation property we own. Tractor arrives next week and can gty you by summer it will be filthy. The list of pending projects is long...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection - A portion
    P
    Many

A mere collection would be an understatement, you have built yourself a bona fide war museum!
    Extremely inspiring thread, fantastic job, MAP!

I wouldn't even know where to fit all these treasures. Why do I have to be a city dweller with a small European apartment? I need a decent sized war room before I can even dream of setting up displays like yours.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Delmenhorst View Post
    A mere collection would be an understatement, you have built yourself a bona fide war museum!
    Extremely inspiring thread, fantastic job, MAP!

I wouldn't even know where to fit all these treasures. Why do I have to be a city dweller with a small European apartment? I need a decent sized war room before I can even dream of setting up displays like yours.
    Thanks. Glad you enjoyed viewing it. I'm fortunate to have a room. But your issue is the same as mine and any other collector. If there is space (large or small) we tend to fill it up. I'm now regulated to moving items to closets and boxes to create space.

As for a small apartment? Well you can build a fairly impressive collection of medals, awards, daggers, etc. that take up little space Just stay away from the bulky items

Welcome to the forum btw!

Regards

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

A slow 2nd quarter. Not un-typical as 1st quarters in years past have been always quite busy and 2nd quarter is a re-trenchment. But still some nice items to add

Thanks to David for the M16 and Ripper for the M36C Bulgarian beauty!

Last edited by MAP; 07-10-2018 at 04:13 AM.

Some good acquisitions there. I love that M16 camo.

So how many Luftwaffe badges is that now, and how many more do you have to go?
    Nick

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Some good acquisitions there. I love that M16 camo.
    David has a good eye

MAP
    ?

So how many Luftwaffe badges is that now, and how many more do you have to go?
    Nick
    It all depends on how you classify it. My goal was to complete all of the flight qualification awards. There are 7 main types. I now have 5. I need to source a Pilots / Observer and a Retired Pilots to complete the set.

But there are also other luft awards including the ground assault, flak, paratrooper as well as the Flight clasps. Once I complete the above, I will then focus on getting all the clasps and a better Para award.

Looks like you are doing pretty well. I saw a retired pilot badge on WWW.THIRDREICHMEDALS.COM OFFER ORIGINAL WWII GERMAN & BRITISH MEDALS,BADGES AND AWARDS FOR SALE - but it was £950. I'm sure I've seen one elsewhere and much cheaper, I just can't remember where...

MAP
    ?

Looks like you are doing pretty well. I saw a retired pilot badge on WWW.THIRDREICHMEDALS.COM OFFER ORIGINAL WWII GERMAN & BRITISH MEDALS,BADGES AND AWARDS FOR SALE - but it was £950. I'm sure I've seen one elsewhere and much cheaper, I just can't remember where...
    Yes...it was a very good first quarter.

And again, yes, the retired pilot badges are not cheap and are harder to find. Right now after the flurry of 1st quarter expenditures, I'm rebuilding the budget. But hope by 4th qtr to have found good examples of both of these.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast