Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

My Collection - A portion

Article about: These don't look pretty but have been meaning to post my collection for a long time and never get around to it. So after seeing some beautiful posts the last few days I took some quick snaps

many thanks michael you must of read my mind ,i had a eureka moment when i thought hang on michael has an irish m27 ,but i just didnt see it at the time,perhaps to much good stuff to look over at once ,i couldnt see the woods for the trees keep up the great work matey ,cheers james

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection - A portion
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

For which you were a big help in answering my questions!

It's funny how we remember each others likes and interests....

Three more items added to my collection this week....

M

My Collection - A portionMy Collection - A portion
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

very nice spange and imperial wound badges as its not my field of expertise could you kindly tell me why the badges are cut way as opposed to the solids please ,thanks james

MAP
    ?

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice spange and imperial wound badges as its not my field of expertise could you kindly tell me why the badges are cut way as opposed to the solids please ,thanks james
    Cut out versions were private purchase. Am told they were made post WW1. Not very common but not too expensive either.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by James C View Post
    its not my field of expertise could you kindly tell me why the badges are cut way as opposed to the solids please ,thanks james
    These are simply private purchase. Solid badges were standard issue and there were "deluxe" private purchase versions like those 2 cut outs.
    Keep in mind that these are not war-time (1914-1918) awarded ones. More likely 1930- and so on.

But there is no denial that they are just so beautiful !!

?

Ok. sorry MAP. I wrote at the same time

MAP
    ?

Quote by timpe View Post
    Ok. sorry MAP. I wrote at the same time
    LoL...NP. Yours was much more informative than mine anyway.

How the devil did I manage to completely miss this thread,can only add whats already been said,awesome Michael,talk about in for the long haul,such diverse selection of historical items,you must be proud of owning that man cave full of goodies,nice one Bud.............

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    How the devil did I manage to completely miss this thread,can only add whats already been said,awesome Michael,talk about in for the long haul,such diverse selection of historical items,you must be proud of owning that man cave full of goodies,nice one Bud.............
    Thanks Jake!

Yeah...it's a mix up of anything and everything WWII and WW1 with a bit of post war items here and there. And you can see my 4 M1's (the vietnam era M1 is on the mannequin).

I need a nice leather chair to put in the middle of the room so I can sit with a nice glass of whiskey or a beer and enjoy it. Right now I have to stand which limits the enjoyment.

Let me know if you want close ups of any items....lots there to pick from

...and a few new surprises on the way (a minty M35 Normandy Camo, a KM coastal side cap, a cloth Para badge, a minty DLR sports badge and a nice Slovak Eastern Front / Barbarossa Medal)

Michael

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Jake!

Yeah...it's a mix up of anything and everything WWII and WW1 with a bit of post war items here and there. And you can see my 4 M1's (the vietnam era M1 is on the mannequin).

I need a nice leather chair to put in the middle of the room so I can sit with a nice glass of whiskey or a beer and enjoy it. Right now I have to stand which limits the enjoyment.

Let me know if you want close ups of any items....lots there to pick from

...and a few new surprises on the way (a minty M35 Normandy Camo, a KM coastal side cap, a cloth Para badge, a minty DLR sports badge and a nice Slovak Eastern Front / Barbarossa Medal)

Michael
    How about a spining chair so you can look at it all

Very nice collection Michael and thanks for showing it

Matt

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast