Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Article about: Nice collection, after only one year. Better & bigger then my German collection and i been collecting for couple years now (German). must be big expense in one year. to grow a collection

Default Re: My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

This is an observation not a judgement, but vol. 18 2007 of Military Advisor has a full issue devoted to the Luft. Observer badge and it's various makers. The Junker badges shown in the article are different than this one owned by Jorn. There are many small differences that give pause to which one is correct. I also have noticed many major dealers also selling Junker pilot badges in the 1,500-2,000 range as well that all appear to be different. Even excusing minor variations there are enough of them to make you wonder which one's are real. They can't all be correct, yet they all look great and are being offered by major sellers as correct. As a side note; I have been told by many ot them that there are no perfect fakes. They would have you believe that because their livelyhood depends on their expertise. Does anyone believe for even a minute that a fake can't be made that can't be detected? If they can get it almost right, they can get it completely right. The crooks have the same access to research as the rest of us. Think about this: If the fake is perfect, how would you know? Sure, it's easy for experienced collectors to tell most of time and some things are easier to detect than others, but as prices climb to rediculous heights it becomes profitable to get it right. We all love this hobby so much we tend to avoid this serious issue. We do so at our own risk.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    P
    Many

Thank you all for your nice feedback
    And Waffenbruder......good point !
    I`m no expert to claim that my Observer Badge is original or not, but I had it on WAF and GCA + a few other Forums and only with good respons.
    Do anyone else see any problems with this badge, so please let me know.

Regards
    Jørn

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

New award in the mail today.
    Wound badge in Gold Legion condor (type 1).

Nice quality and all the gold intact.

Regards
    Jørn

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

beautiful badge,,,great addition to your collection I'm sure

?

Jorn, im pretty sure that you are travelling back in time somehow and getting your collection direct from the Third Reich, its one of the finest and mint collections ive seen , im wondering whats going to turn up next

Jorn. I personally see no problem with your observer badge. My comments were mainly about the one's in Military Advisor. The ones they attribute to Junker are different than yours. I can't say with any certainty that their's OR yours is correct. This is what is so frustrating about this hobby. Even established and reputable experts can't always be relied on to determine authenticity. You must remember they are in business to make money and by claiming to be final authorities it allows them to sell questionable items to those who put trust in their judgment. These buyers, in turn, innocently pass the bad piece on to others at some future date and the pathology goes on and on. The problem isn't with the outright fakes, it's the grey area items where no definitive proof is possible since we wern't there when the piece was made. I find it interesting that so many major dealers (who I won't name) sell items that vary widely from the accepted standards and tell buyers that it is a rare variation! However, if it's your item; they say it's a fake. Just be careful out there.

?

Absolutly stunning collection and beautifully displayed!
    Cheers, Edwin

Great new additions Jorn!!

Thank you for all feedback
    New today
    Commemorative Medal 22.march 1939 (Memelland)
    Not mint, but ok quality.
    My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Yesterday I got this one.
    German Lifesaving Medal Silver
    mm: 835 PR.M.BLN (Prussian State Mint (Monzamt) of the Chancellery lokated in Berlin

Regards
    Jørn

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast