Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Article about: Nice collection, after only one year. Better & bigger then my German collection and i been collecting for couple years now (German). must be big expense in one year. to grow a collection

Default Re: My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Nice thanks for sharing
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    P
    Many

Thank you Glenn and donkihotis7 !
    I appreciate your feedback.
    It`s nice that others appreciate these pictures from Norway also.

Regards
    Jørn

This image is from Bragdøya.

This is dated 19.10.1945.
    SS hauptscharführer Paul H. Glomb, Police Rynning Tonnesen, district doctor Litlere, Scottish, British and Norwegian officers, journalists and a working command of German prisoners of war. In addition to these, two norwegians from the Norwegian Guard Battalion (one of them my father who took the photos).

Here are Glomb about to assign where the graves are, and these should be opened.

Glomb chained to a policeman.

The German prisoners of war about to open the graves.

transcripts from the diary he wrote:
    It was eventually discovered eight graves and 30 bodies were found that day. Two of the bodies were dug up from the stream, and these had been there since 1943. The island was also during the war, a popular place that was often visited by people along the coast for swimming and family fun. The drinking water they took from the same ... (yes, that's right)

The bodies found were all naked, and most of them had obvious signs of torture. Glomb explain to the nearest proud that he was the one who had given all, the last head shot. The bodies were placed in coffins and in turn led to the city (Arendal) to be cremated.

These two images (copies) was taken ​​by another "sneaky photographer," and was loose inside the photo album. My dad got them most probably by the second soldier from the Guard Battalion. The picture shows the crew of the German prisoners of war, and investigation of the bodies.

Note the SS hauptscharführer Paul H. Glomb with hat and knickers on the image marked No. 37! He seems almost morbid interest as the bodies were dug up and examined by the doctor.

It was strictly illegal to take pictures during this trip. Only a photographer from the police who would take pictures as evidence. All journalists had to leave the cameras back in the boat.

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    Last edited by norsk41elv; 08-24-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Finally some pictures from his time in Germany (Tysklandsbrigaden) 1945-1946

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

There is too much work with these images. I also have two albums from the period 1940 - 1943, where we see a little more action but it must wait until another time. I had to promise my father that the images from the first period must not be shown until after his death. He was obviously a bit ashamed because of some of the motifs. Young boy with arms which, together with other resistance fighters had a mission to liberate Norway from invaders. (well well)

He eventually got a couple of Norwegian awards and an English medal after the war. He never talked about this time he served in Mil.Org. although I have repeatedly tried to get him to do so. On one of his diplomas, it is written: - for demonstrated bravery and courage in carrying out secret military missions during the war. .........Of course, I'm getting curious

He also wrote the diary from the war's beginning, so I'll have the pieces in place when the time comes.

Awesome! Thank you again!

Fascinating images

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast