Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Article about: Nice collection, after only one year. Better & bigger then my German collection and i been collecting for couple years now (German). must be big expense in one year. to grow a collection

Default Re: My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Thank you Glenn !
    Time for a little summary of what came in of new objects in 2012. Modest compared to the last two years, but still happy

Wish you all a Happy New Year!
    Regards JT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    P
    Many

New year and new opportunities
    Starting gently with the gold version of Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen
    Nice to finally have the complete series.
    From left: Gold, Silver and Bronze

Regards from Norway

Last edited by norsk41elv; 01-22-2013 at 09:52 PM.

It looks like you had another excellent year Jørn, and a stellar item to start 2013! I was wondering if you had any other viking related artifacts other than the fine pieces you have posted. The sword is just fantastic. I'm reading a book on the viking age by Else Roesdahl, it is a fascinating period in history.

Regards,
    Corey

Thanks for the nice feedback Corey.
    Unfortunately, no more objects from the Viking period. Agree that it's a fascinating era, and remarkable that people from a small country like Norway could devastate so brutally in Europe.

Regards JT

I absolutely love your collection Jorn! I bet it's an even better sight to behold in person. A tribute to the hard work you have obviously put into attaining such awe striking collection!(and the time it must have taken to photo & upload too) Must be fun getting & opening all those things in the mail, hope you tip your mailman well as he must get tired often. Wall space must be a premium at your house too I'd imagine. Have you considered watermarking your pics to help avoid scammers? Just a thought. A+ collection! Thanks for posting, Jeff

Thanks for the nice feedback Jeff.
    I totally agree - should have put watermark on the images. My images have been used in 3 different selling-advertisements in attempts of fraud earlier, and it is very annoyed. Possible Moderator can give me permission to edit the thread, so I could put the watermarks on?

Regards JT

That's a good question Jorn, I'm not sure how that can be done if it can be done at all. I guess either you would have to go back and edit each post with a watermarked copy or maybe have to delete and replace each pic all together. Hopefully a moderator or another member will read this & can tell you if it can or can't be done. I'd suggest PM to a moderator or new post asking that question if no response here. That boils my blood that dirtbags like that would steal pics & try to scam some collector out there. Anyways,take care & keep building that nice collection! Jeff

Unfortunately, watermarking can be fairly easily removed by anyone who knows even a little bit about computers...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Then it is difficult to secure photos
    ...or is there another way Wagriff ?

As far as I know, there really isn't Any way to lock in and secure web images. And these people are, apparently, fairly computer proficient enough to be able to commit these computer crimes. I would suggest contacting, perhaps, a web security firm and asking what they suggest can be done. I'm about as computer savvy as Koko the Gorilla...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast