Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Article about: Nice collection, after only one year. Better & bigger then my German collection and i been collecting for couple years now (German). must be big expense in one year. to grow a collection

I look forward to your growing SS collection!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    These skulls are now being accepted as good. They are said to be produced in Latvia during the war. Nice to see with all the prongs intact.
    Thank you Wagriff ! I`m happy to hear that.

Can someone please inform me regarding the best reference-books to bye for the SS-items

For regulations and organisation you need Andrew Mollo's book. These are vital reading.

While it has errors, Cloth insignia of the SS by Angolia is still very good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Adrian !
    I just have to get me these two, so I can learn some basics of this difficult area.

Regards from Norway
    JT

?

Nice !

Thank you Doug
    I realize now that SS-related things is a very difficult field to collect. Today I ordered several reference books by A.Hayes and Lumsden, then I simply will let the knowledge flow on (when the books come).

Have just been intimidated by all the copies that abound online, and in pure frustrations I bought this beauty instead.
    Dienstauszeichnungen für den Reichsarbeitsdienst in Gold
    or.....RAD long Service Award for women 1st class 25 years

Best to take it sloooow with further SS-items, until I have some basic knowledge.
    Hope you like it.........

My collection WWII (German medal & badges) & My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Quote by norsk41elv View Post
    This one is a big mystery

SS 3-prong metal cap Skull (proberly Assmann)

I know these has been rejected by most collecors for many years. However, in recent years there has been found a few items when digging on battlefields from WWII. Among others, also collectors who are not looking to sell, so who knows? I like it. Possible late type from 1944 to 1945.

The skull is on its way in the mail, but I've got full refund if I do not want it.
    Anyone here who has an opinion about this one ?

Attachment 639268 Attachment 639269
    I`m so pleased that it now looks like many SS-collectors and others eventually accept this variation of the skull as a original late war skull. Here a link to more info:
    Please help with unmarked SS Cap Skull

New Tab on the way in:
    Germanic SS Norge Tab

My collection WWII (German medal & badges) - My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    Last edited by norsk41elv; 02-05-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Kudos to a fantastic, and continually developing collection. I think you have displayed it perfectly!

Thank you Nathan !
    There are many collectors who eventually put their collections in safe deposit boxes, due to the great values ​​and fear of burglary. For my part, I like to have it visible for joy and inspiration to hunt the awards I am missing. I also think these vitrine cabinets perfectly suited for the purpose. I Have spent a lot of safety equipment in the house and ensures that the insurance is updated as the collection increases.

Having finally (I think) managed to complete my collection of porcelain figurines in the series from 1938 WHW Winterhilfswerk Porcelain Figures. Think it was published only 10 different.

My collection WWII (German medal & badges) - - - - My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast