MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Combat Corner, nearly done!

Article about: Have an SS Rodo buckle coming for the dot44 display but was having too much fun redecorating and wanted to share some pics. Of note on the dot44 display is the pony pack is SS RZM, as is the

?

Default Re: My Combat Corner, nearly done!

Makes me happy to see this great looking display. Thanks for sharing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Combat Corner, nearly done!
    P
    Many

?

Great collection and layout Doug, it's better than a lot of museums.....in every sense!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Extremely impressive, a pleasure to see this.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I had only ever seen veils worn by snipers. Do you plan to outfit that mannequin with a scoped K98k or GEW43 eventually? If not, can you explain why you have it like this?
    Thanks for the compliments to everyone who has commented favourably, still lots of work to do, and like Glenn said; Because I can. :-)

Seriously, no I do not have a German sniper rifle of any kind, the only German rifle I own is a deactivated lower end K98 with a rare waffen amt marked grenade mount you see in the photo. (Someone asked if I had an STG44 and the answer is yes)

I realize it may not be accurate as to what one would expect to see but the sniper veil is better displayed on a helmet vs around the neck. I will be moving the Sniper veil with the helmet/cover it is displayed into the display case where 2 unit painted US M1's currently occupy which I am sending to Dave Shirlin to sell on my behalf later in May. I will then move one of my other SS camo covered helmets from the Wall O Helmets to the palm smock smg display.

So like the title of the thread says, Combat Corner - nearly done!

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    A truly amazing collection !
    Any chance for a close up shot of the Leib Husaren totenkopf in the display case ?
    Thanks for sharing !
    Chris
    Thanks Chris, I will try as time permits. It is a very nice one that came from Tony of Kaiser's Bunker fame.

?

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Hi Doug, Nice Cruise helmet - is the MC a single or is there a group with it??
    Thank you, the MC goes with everything you see in that display case plus a lot more in another case, a 2nd Battalion CEF soldier whose name escapes me at the moment. The cruise helmet however is not part of the group, that belonged to a Major from the famous Black Battalion and I have his footlocker as well (in storage). I have the other pattern of the cruise helmet above this one, I think I posted them in my Wall O Helmets thread pinned in the SS Helmets section.

Thanks for the clarification, Doug! I by no means meant any disrespect. Your whole display is so detailed that I thought perhaps that particular mannequin was modeled off a specific historical photograph or a particular unit of SS troops that I am not aware of.

?

OU, AH, OH, WOW, was pretty much my comments coming out of my mouth while going through your pic's of your display!
    Just awesome!!!!! That is also a great display case set up you have there, That got another OH YEAH out of me!!!!
    Thanks for sharing your beauties!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, Doug! I by no means meant any disrespect. Your whole display is so detailed that I thought perhaps that particular mannequin was modeled off a specific historical photograph or a particular unit of SS troops that I am not aware of.
    Hi Joe, no offence taken whatsoever! Cheers and thanks for the nice comments again.

Doug

I do not think I've ever seen the pattern of camouflage the mannequin with the face mask is wearing, is it early Third Reich?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast