Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Combat Corner, nearly done!

Article about: Have an SS Rodo buckle coming for the dot44 display but was having too much fun redecorating and wanted to share some pics. Of note on the dot44 display is the pony pack is SS RZM, as is the

?

Default Re: My Combat Corner, nearly done!

Yes, weren't many Palm smocks around by Normandy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Combat Corner, nearly done!
    P
    Many

?

Once again you have shown a remarkable display Doug , all i can say is that you are very fortunate ,not because of the collection ,that is given , but the fact i live nowhere near you , you would need to take out a sqautters injunction against me , and another barring me within 500 yds of your house ,so if i ever come to Canada , be afraid ,be very afraid, and remember , in a forum they cant hear you scream !!!!!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Thanks for the compliments to everyone who has commented favourably, still lots of work to do, and like Glenn said; Because I can. :-)

Seriously, no I do not have a German sniper rifle of any kind, the only German rifle I own is a deactivated lower end K98 with a rare waffen amt marked grenade mount you see in the photo. (Someone asked if I had an STG44 and the answer is yes)

I realize it may not be accurate as to what one would expect to see but the sniper veil is better displayed on a helmet vs around the neck. I will be moving the Sniper veil with the helmet/cover it is displayed into the display case where 2 unit painted US M1's currently occupy which I am sending to Dave Shirlin to sell on my behalf later in May. I will then move one of my other SS camo covered helmets from the Wall O Helmets to the palm smock smg display.

So like the title of the thread says, Combat Corner - nearly done!
    The veil doesn't need to be on a Sniper set up Doug and is fine and totally authentic on this display , plenty of photos around showing them being used by Waffen SS Grenadiers in many different combat roles , i fact there are far less photos of them being used by snipers than MG squads , Riflemen etc.

Stunning display !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The veil doesn't need to be on a Sniper set up Doug and is fine and totally authentic on this display , plenty of photos around showing them being used by Waffen SS Grenadiers in many different combat roles , i fact there are far less photos of them being used by snipers than MG squads , Riflemen etc.

Stunning display !!

cheers

Paul
    I'd love to see some of these photos! That's what I love about this hobby... Almost anything is possible and you never stop learning!!

?

That's true Paul. I will take some pics of it with the plane tree #3 cover on the palm smock dressed form, and the dot44 with the RODO buckle. I moved the helmets around last night and it looks good as well.

Dave, you'd have company lol. Thanks for the kind and humorous words!

Btw the MG42 is wired into the security system....and is motion activated.

How hands-on are you with your collection, Doug? I assume a lot of the pieces get the white glove treatment? I'd be afraid to touch so much in that room!!

That's an incredible amount of rarities right there... simply amazing, good job organizing and displaying it all! I think I need a "Detolf" myself

?

Without copying photos from books and getting into copyright issues i can tell you that there are many such photos for example in Remy Spezzanos photo archive on Kursk , my particular favourite is one of Totenkopf RKT Hans Hirning drinking out of a bottle with the veil around his neck and his RK lying over it !!

I don't believe the veil was ever designed for snipers per se but just as part of the general camoflage accoutrements that were available !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Agreed Paul. It is called a snipers veil by collectors but believe the intent was to be part of the overall accoutrements. That is an excellent book series by the way and a must for any SS camo collector.

Joe, I do use white gloves but prefer to use freshly washed hands and give the artifacts a wipe down when I am done. The firearms are nothing special, I am not a firearms collector so I dont get worked up, they are there for display purposes only and are all deactivated. Items like the Guard du Korps officer parade pickelhaube or my SS Himmler Honor Dagger I simply do not handle. Helmets are on the wall so as to be handled, and I do so all the time, with washed hands and a wipe down after if need be or gloves if handling one of the dead mint examples.

I am waiting on some insignia to come in next week and I will give WRF a look at the entire room. This is just one corner of heavenly bliss I am fortunate enough to be able to interact with on a regular basis and share with my compatriots online.

Here the one from Lebus Michel
    He also say not many in Normandy .
    chris

My Combat Corner, nearly done!
    Quote by DougB View Post
    Yes, weren't many Palm smocks around by Normandy.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast