Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My Dagger displays

Article about: Hi All, I finally got some of my other daggers displayed, I built one to represent Heer and one to represent Luftwaffe, my other daggers will hang loose on the wall so I can take them down a

Default Re: My Dagger displays

Not my best work but here is mine, it works since its only half a sheet of red, but if your displaying multiple EK's then maybe a slate grey back, or a marble grey, or glass backing, make it totally see through so they look like they are floating. not sure how that can be accomplished but on paper it sounds good lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0297.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	324.3 KB 
ID:	489797

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I thought about red but wasn't sure if it work just be, "too much." Or too "in your face" brightness. The black background is sleek and majestic but some of the EKs with darker patina kind of get swallowed up in the background. I'm still playing with it. Trial and error as was said.
    I think with the LED's, the tarnished EK's will be quite visable.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

One of my thoughts for this method of displaying was to use the clear twist ties with wire inside that come with many children's toys or other items.
    I have a 5 yr old so I know allllllll about those annoying twist ties, I will have to start saving them now, better idea then plain wire.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Not my best work but here is mine, it works since its only half a sheet of red, but if your displaying multiple EK's then maybe a slate grey back, or a marble grey, or glass backing, make it totally see through so they look like they are floating. not sure how that can be accomplished but on paper it sounds good lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0297.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	324.3 KB 
ID:	489797
    Looks like the background will be white. The black is just too dark and the black stripes edges of the ribbons disappear in the black background. I tried a tan color but doesn't look good at all. White turned out the best. Suspended in glass would be awesome but with different lengths of ribbon the medals would be all over the place. I try to be symmetrical with my displays.

Great displays and lovely pieces.

?

great display excellent daggers

I was at my local craft store tonight and seen these shadow boxes. I was trying to figure out how i would make it work. Now that i have seen this i am going to give it a try. Great Job

Nice displays! timothy

AC Moore has some great display and shadow boxes.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123