Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Display Room

Article about: Hi All, I recently made some additions to my display room. On top of that, I purchased a new camera, so I thought I would throw us some new photos. The grouping in the photos towards to bott

?

Default Re: My Display Room

Thanks for the info, Chris. Another mystery solved!

Packin, the pillow was my wife's contribution so I can't comment!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Display Room
    P
    Many

No offense meant. Great stuff just the same.

?

None taken! I meant I can't comment more for my wife's sake as she put's up with my collection and adding her decor was part of the comprimse. If it were up to me, the room would contain quite a few more items, minus the pillow!

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    None taken! I meant I can't comment more for my wife's sake as she put's up with my collection and adding her decor was part of the comprimse. If it were up to me, the room would contain quite a few more items, minus the pillow!
    Ah yes..I'm quite familiar with the sacrifices we must make. As long as my wife thinks she has out smarted me things go pretty good. But then sometimes I wonder who is out smarting who.

Very nice room. Very clean and not cluttered but theres something for each corner. Well done!!!

Very cozy hideaway! Well displayed treasures and neat, not cluttered. May we see the billiard room?

very nice collection i love the helmets mounted on the corner shelves could you run through the helmet types did i notice an ssch 39 and a type 90 ?

Great display! I want to know about that brass knife that you have displayed on the corner shelf with the German helmet and dagger. I was given something almost identicle by my father but it lacks the eagle emblem.In fact there are no markings on it at all.I was told it was hand-made in Tibet of all places!Do you know any details on that style of knife?
    Eric

Nice ''man cave'' I wish I had one.

?

Thanks for the kind comments, all!

@Col James

The SSH-39 is actually a Czech M52. This is a cheap stand-in until I can find a war time SSH-39.

My Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display Room

On the bottom shelf, that is indeed a Type 99. It's a ground dug (not by me) and missing the liner. The star however is still partially intact.

My Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display Room

On the table stand is an Italian M33, missing the front plate.

My Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display Room

The other two are a fixed bale M1 with Capac liner and a German M35.

My Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display Room

The M35 was a Norwegian reissue that I stripped the black paint off of to reveal the original apple green. The decals are not authentic however the liner system is authentic, but dyed red when reissued.

Here's the before:

My Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display Room

And after:

My Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display RoomMy Display Room

@Eric

I've always refered to that style of knife as a parachute knife, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Mine is actually a 1970's SS fantasy piece. It looks cool on display, but completely 4th Reich...The blade style isn't uncommon, however I can't comment on your example.

My Display RoomMy Display Room

Thanks again, guys! By the way, if you can't tell, I really like the new photo upload feature and how you can select previously uploaded files. Makes things a whole lot easier!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast