Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Display Room

Article about: Hi All, I recently made some additions to my display room. On top of that, I purchased a new camera, so I thought I would throw us some new photos. The grouping in the photos towards to bott

?

Default My Display Room

Hi All,
    I recently made some additions to my display room. On top of that, I purchased a new camera, so I thought I would throw us some new photos.

The grouping in the photos towards to bottom are currently in storage, unfortunately not by my choice (ahh, the joys of being married).

Don't get me wrong though, I do have to give my wife credit for putting up with the items I do have on display..

In any case, enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Display Room   My Display Room  

My Display Room   My Display Room  

My Display Room  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Display Room
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Display Room

Nice room ,what is that plaque with 1917 and 1918

?

Thanks!

I assume you mean the one in the photo below? If so, It is actually a grave marker for a WWI soldier. I found it cleaning out the house of a WWI vet in Philadelphia and I believe was removed from his gravesite by his wife.

I've tossed around the idea of taking it to my local VFW so they could place it back into rotation, however, there has been a rash of thefts at gravesites by a$$holes who scrap them for cash. I figure since I will never sell it, and appreciate what it stands for, no harm in holding onto it.

The house had been willed to a WWII vet (son of the WWI vet) in the suburbs of Philly who recently passed away. It appears this gentlemen never cleaned out his parents house when his mother passed in the early 80's and all of their affects were left there untouched.

In addition to the marker, the WWI Bolo knife, gas mask bag and marking outfit (used for stamping dog tags and mess kits) found in the grouping photos were also found in this house.

The naval uniforms and accessories were found in the house of the WWII vet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Display Room  

I do not remenber seing one that size nice piece.The Bolo knife is very nice has well very collectable.

yuengling325, nice collection, and I must say, tastefully displayed ! you can allways tell when a woman has a hand in its display !....

yuengling325 a very impressive display indeed!!

What is the item centre of your Third Reich frame?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very nice collection. Very well displayed and obviously well looked after!

A Very well displayed collection.
    Regards to all, Simon.

?

i like the corner shelves with helmets... looks great

?

Thanks, all, for the kind words! It's nice to hear from people who appreciate it...My wife more accepts it and I only have one buddy who is also a collector...

@Chris – Not sure of why the grave marker is larger. I’ve only seen Civil War markers to use as comparison. I’ve included below a photo of the back which has an engraving stating it was issued by the Philadelphia County Commissioner. Could it have been used for something other than a grave marker? It measures about 6" across.

I’ve also included some photos of the Bolo. It was a very nice find indeed! The scabbard as I understand was an experimental version. Not sure how common they are but I typically see the cloth covered scabbards with leather tip.

@Nick - It's for the Wuerttemberg Kriegerbund which was a local State Veterans Association. This was awarded for 25 years membership. Close-up photo below..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Display Room   My Display Room  

My Display Room  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast