Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

my growing USMC collection

Article about: The fun thing about U.S.M.C. items are that there are so many varieties, styles that you can play with. You can also mix up Army, or Navy gears. U.S. Army also participated in PTO, so they w

The fun thing about U.S.M.C. items are that there are so many varieties, styles that you can play with.

You can also mix up Army, or Navy gears.

U.S. Army also participated in PTO, so they were issued with different stuff.

Regards,
    Taka

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my growing USMC collection
    P
    Many

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey Danny

If you have there the P41 USMC HBT trousers, you have one of the most difficult parts of the set to get.
    i really dont know the difference between the diff3rent types of shirts and pants. i didnt pay to much for either of them and the shirt has corporal stamps if you couldnt see them. how do you tell what pattern they are? i will get an m41 pack in the future but i worked with what i could find. here are sme extra photos of the shirt stamps and the pack. one f theme is of a usmc jacket i forgot to post. sorry they are sideways.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my growing USMC collection   my growing USMC collection  

my growing USMC collection   my growing USMC collection  

Last edited by Patches; 12-31-2013 at 03:42 AM.

i also wanted to know if anyone can help me find some info on the man who owned the jacket in the pics above. his name is G. F. Valentine and i think he was a private. the number written is v-9247

As for identifying US personnel you can go here --- NARA - AAD - List of Series - Wars/ International Relations: World War II
    Good luck

The 4 numbers are the last 4 digits from his service no. and V is surname

thanks, do you have any knowledge or have you encountered a usmc jacket like this before? it is very small and irregular to me

Quote by Patches View Post
    thanks, do you have any knowledge or have you encountered a usmc jacket like this before? it is very small and irregular to me
    which one, the upside down one?

yes

Quote by Patches View Post
    yes
    can you open it up and take better shots! it looks Aussie made?

- - ------- - -

any tags, need a shot of the waist buckle

here you go, no tag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my growing USMC collection   my growing USMC collection  

Never come across a Ike/Vandegrift like this one! definitely not US made and it is a Aust tailor jobby made from something like this Aust khaki officers jacket.
    I Like

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast