Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My gun collection - Display ideas.

Article about: Hello all, My gun collection is starting to slowly increase in size, and I'm wondering how to display them. I want to hang them on the wall, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've got a Mk1 Bre

Default Re: My gun collection - Display ideas.

Ade,

That blank firer looks amazing I bet you had some fun running around with that thing!! I got another mag with it too (same type as 43 model) I'll defo pick up some inert rounds for it.

------------

Gary,

I love the LE No4, so much so that I'm looking into getting a gun licence so I can own and shoot a live firer. I think I'd be a crack shot!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My gun collection - Display ideas.
    P
    Many

Hi Lee, I can recommend a German dealer who comes over to Beltring each year for inert rounds. He can do 25 rounds for £10. These are post war Czech 1950's training rounds. Wartime Soviet rounds are very rare to find in the UK.

Munition Infanterie

Actually, the 35 round stick mag is not interchangeable with the PPS43. Surprising I know.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Lee, I can recommend a German dealer who comes over to Beltring each year for inert rounds. He can do 25 rounds for £10. These are post war Czech 1950's training rounds. Wartime Soviet rounds are very rare to find in the UK.

Munition Infanterie

Actually, the 35 round stick mag is not interchangeable with the PPS43. Surprising I know.

Cheers, Ade.

Excellent.... £10 is a great price. It doesn't make a difference if they're post war really

I didn't know the mags wernt interchangeable, that is suprising! Someone must have had a little too much vodka the night before they drew up the final plan for the 43

Hi Lee and Ade,
    Nice guns lee i do like the PPSH41, they are a good design and look quite tough, and the pics Ade are bloody great, i bet you enjoyed that day. I could have had one not long ago but left it for another time, but now iv seen them again im in envy of you two.
    It,s a must have weapon, and it will go with my mosins,
    Best of luck with your guns lee.
    dave.

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    I didn't know the mags wernt interchangeable, that is suprising! Someone must have had a little too much vodka the night before they drew up the final plan for the 43
    Hi Lee, I think the lack of inter-changability comes from the design history of the PPS. It was designed in Leningrad by A. I. Sudayev during the seige of the city. This was before the design of the stick mag for the PPSh41 came about. The PPS mag isactually a much better design: it is a double stack mag, so the rounds go side by side. Whereas the '41 mag is a single stack, which is much harder to fill.

Hi Dave, they are certainly a design icon

I must say I keep casting an envious eye over your AK's. They are getting really hard to find. Most on the market are AKM's.

Cheers, Ade.

hi Ade,
    You are right about the AK,s these two are third Patt, i think 1953,
    I dont like the AKM, as i like the old stuff. Chris Pearce Helston gunsmiths is the place to get them he gets all sorts, and also pupplies the forces and Police. They are 12 miles from where i live so not to far to go have a look at his kit. I have delt with chris for some years now, his shop is on the web.
    Dave.

?

nice displays. i use the two pieces of wood method and screws with plastic tubing on them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My gun collection - Display ideas.  

?

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Amazing...you used the same method as I did...tie-backs for curtains. I have to give my wife credit for coming up with it. I had all these grand ideas on how to do it that would have taken a lot of time.

Very nice collection by the way!

?

Great guns!

Is there a Japanese rifle in the mix? I heard they are one heck of a rifle?

Can you still buy ammo for the Japanese Type 99 or the other modles? I have a Type99 with the Mun as I heard they ground most of them?

How does that one shoot that i see you shooting? Great guys just amazing!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast