Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My home-away-from-home display

Article about: Here is the latest version of my display. I am currently working on a USMC uniform display... I recently acquired a canteen with USMC "dog ear" cover, and a Ka-Bar and will be addi

Default Re: My home-away-from-home display

Quote by 1stCTHeavyArtillery View Post
    Like the old WWI metal cap canteen- I think those are my favorite.
    Yeah, I thought it would be cool to have the older canteen as part of the display. Marines were issued all kinds of surplus supplies throughout the war... but especially in the early stages.

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Are the suspenders WWII or later I am not to sure on dating them but IK they had similar models through Vietnam?
    These suspenders are transitional WWII (using early WWII khaki and late WWII OD green) and are undated. In all honesty, it probably came from Korean War surplus stock. Vietnam era examples usually have obnoxious " US SUSPENDERS FIELD PACK USMC DSALOO68-C1890 84553827968" ink stamps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My home-away-from-home display
    P
    Many

Not that anyone would ever know, but I added a cheapo 1943 dated AGM Co. canteen cup. It now lives inside the canteen cover with the unmarked WWI vintage 1916 Rock Island Arsenal canteen.

I think getting an M1911 holster and mag pouch is a good idea to help set apart my USMC PTO display from the US Army ETO display... If I wanted to, the USMC display could have easily had my other Garand cartridge belt. Outfitting my USMC display with M1 carbine pouch, KaBar knife and jungle first aid pouch was a conscious decision to give each display gear that is noticeably different. The holster and mag pouch will continue this trend.

I am also going to put the KaBar on the opposite hip.... For a right-handed person (which the majority of people are) if you think about ergonomics and how the human arm/ hand can and cannot bend, the way I currently have it wouldn't work with a holster on the left hip.

NOW BEGINS THE SEARCH FOR A POUCH AND HOLSTER!

I have seen 2 samples over the last weekend, I can keep my eyes peeled for a new deal.

Quote by 1stCTHeavyArtillery View Post
    I have seen 2 samples over the last weekend, I can keep my eyes peeled for a new deal.
    No worries! I think I've already found what I need!

Done deal!

My home-away-from-home displayMy home-away-from-home display

I'm thinking of putting the canteen and jungle first aid kit one rung higher on the belt so they're less droopy...

I like this a lot- Well done. It gives me a idea and I just saw one of those 13 star button shirts in a thrift store ha!

Got a "half form" mannequin torso for the USMC display. I think it looks a lot better now. Short of slinging a M1 Carbine over it's shoulder and holstering an M1911... I think it's complete. Can anyone see anything else that I should do to it? Maybe an EGA emblem on the collar...?

This first wave of D-Day inspired display case is also complete.... I think? (I added an ETO campaign medal with invasion device)

PLEASE feel free to make suggestions for additions/ changes to my display!!

Just got back from the Allentown show. Here is the latest version of my display:

My home-away-from-home displayMy home-away-from-home displayMy home-away-from-home display

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast