My Humble Collection
Hey guys, Figured I'd post my Collection (or at least what I have pictures of, I'm in my dorm, my collection is at home)
I think I'm doing pretty good on a College Student Budget
Things I have I don't have picturews
-Italian Camo helmet with Shield
-US M1 Rear seam helmet marked 1945
-US Mess Kit Marked 1945
-M1 Garand SA45
-Enfield No4MK1* all matching with Spike Bayo
-Carcano M41 all matching minty
-Arisaka Type 38 pre 1928 partial mum with "Instructor Use only carved in the stock" in Japanese
-Arisaka Type 99 last ditch, Series 35 made approx june 1945 Hiroshima
- Code 42 1939 K98 with almost matching Bolt
- All matching Remington Rand 1911A1, 1942 with original Holster
- Japanese Nambu all matching, Old Style trigger gaurd
- M1 Garand Long style Bayo with Sheath
- Japanese Meatbal flag still in Box
- Arisaka Bayo 1930's IIRC
- Mint M31 Medics Canteen, 1942 CCW, looks unissued
- Mountain or SS Rucksack (not sure as I haven't seen it in person)
- Russian "Luxury" Canteen (wierd leather Skin on it)
- Japanese Standard Issue Canteen with Straps
- 1939 "Doughboy" helmet with orginal liner
- Some oddball British Field manual on grenades
- US "Griswold" case for the M1
- Japanese Officer Sword, Shin Gunto mounts with 1870's Blade, Tsuba, Menuki and Belonging to the Ikeda Clan (found in the garbage of all places)
- Steyr m95 Clips with original 1939 ammo
- S.s Heavy Point Rounds (german) in sealed boxes (4 boxes I think)
- 30ish British Africa Canteen straps
- 8 US Engineer Bags
- 2 US 1945 canteens with matching cups and Holders
I didn't realize I had that much till I typed it all out , probably more that I'm forgetting
12-02-2013 08:16 PM
Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for sharing some of your treasures with us...I like the State Service Flag, btw...!
Good luck in your collecting endeavor!
Oh, and quick question, Do you have any Idea what that metal badge in the First grouping is, It looks like it's missing a peice, but could be for a firemans helmet
The metal piece looks like a shako plate to me. Great collection!
Hi and welcome, nice collection and not so humble, you have quite a bit of stuff
Very nice collection and welcome to the forum. Nice Waffen SS odal rune collar tab!
Hmm, Could be, not seeing anything simmilar though
Also, forgot 2 things
1935 Russian Tank 6x30 Binoculars, Brass, looks almost like they were made by Zeiss
German Parade Sword. Gold Lions head with Ruby Eyes, Has the Scaber but both blade and sheath are bent about halfway down.
Most of this stuff I get from Vets, I love all the stories they come with, knowing where each piece was picked up etc.
Cool collection with some good items, but also a few duffers I am sorry to say. the HG and AK cufftitles in the first pic look to be replicas, certainly the Afrika Korps is without a doubt.
I really like the flags, very cool.
its just an opinion.
Sorry, but I am not so sure of that. BMGDolan, could you possible post better pictures of said collar tab? It would be nice to see the reverse as well some close clear photographs of the front.
Nice collection btw. If I may, what exactly is the thing below the odal runic tab suppose to be? Also, as said, the two cuff-titles in that image are reproductions. I would add the police badge may too be a reproduction as the bird looks similar to a pigeon, but I'm not completely positive as I don't collect police items.
I can't post a better picture until I go home in a few weeks. It's dissapointing that the cuf titles are fake, and a little surprising. All of the patches/ cloth came out of a scrapbook put together by a vet when he was in Italy around 45-46. The more I look at it, I think the Tab may be a fake, both piping and rune look to have been printed on, rather than stiching. I'm no expert, but it dosen't bode well. Not sure on the police badge, it's not a real HQ picture.
Not a huge loss, the entire scrapbook was given to me for free, and that is only about half of it, I'm getting the other half when He finds it