Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

My incredibly modest SS collection

Article about: If it was she'd be worth \\$10000+ and wouldn't be in my collection that's for sure!

Its been ages since my last update so here is the latest acquisition from Northern Karelia.

Aluminium SS collartab runes from a battlefield site near Kokkosalmi. Often accepted as being of Latvian or Estonian origin these field-made runes tend to be ridiculed by many yet do appear in many period photographs and knowing the digger as I do I am 100% confident of authenticity.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My incredibly modest SS collection
    P
    Many

Now here's something you don't see everyday. A very rare and until the last few years hotly contested and often denied, 'Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn' badge (People's Alliance of Germans in Hungary). Also ground dug from SS Nord positions in Northern Karelia near Kokkosalmi in the Kiestinki municipality.

I really enjoy acquiring artifacts associated with SS Nord that speak of the multiple ethnicity of the unit.

Check out the lovely deep green verdigris!

My incredibly modest SS collection My incredibly modest SS collection

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    In the meantime, here's another SS morsel that the postman thought I needed...

Attachment 594526

Attachment 594527

Attachment 594528

Attachment 594525

Attachment 594529
    Hi Glen, this is really nice,,, and in a minty condition, with no yellowing to the white centre core

superb collection glenn ive enjoyed viewing your SS treasures,my favorite item has to be the stahlhelm its a beaut is the leather pouch ground dug ?it has that look about it ,i have a ground dug k98 bayo frog and its been previously soaked in oil to rejuvinate it
    Regards James

Now here's something you don't see everyday. A very rare and until the last few years hotly contested and often denied, 'Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn' badge (People's Alliance of Germans in Hungary). Also ground dug from SS Nord positions in Northern Karelia near Kokkosalmi in the Kiestinki municipality.

I really enjoy acquiring artifacts associated with SS Nord that speak of the multiple ethnicity of the unit.

Check out the lovely deep green verdigris!

My incredibly modest SS collection My incredibly modest SS collection
    Nice and interesting items Glenn. My Great-Grandfather took part in the battle of Kokkosalmi, Kiestinki so these items are always intriguing to me.

Quote by James C View Post
    is the leather pouch ground dug ?
    I'm sure it is James, the ID tag and the pouch are a matching pair and the pouch was seriously soaked in something before I received it. It was practically dripping in an oil of some kind which I had to mop up with paper towels before I could add it to my display collection.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Nice and interesting items Glenn. My Great-Grandfather took part in the battle of Kokkosalmi, Kiestinki so these items are always intriguing to me.
    Thank you Aleksander, your Great Grandfather was SS Nord?

Thank you Aleksander, your Great Grandfather was SS Nord?
    My Great-Grandfather served in the Finnish Army that fought with the Germans there. Germans fought in Northern Finland and Finns in the rest, but at Kiestinki both armies were combined.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    My Great-Grandfather served in the Finnish Army that fought with the Germans there. Germans fought in Northern Finland and Finns in the rest, but at Kiestinki both armies were combined.
    Here's a segment from his military passport that mentions his participation in the battle of Kokkosalmi and a photo that he took of SS cemetery. To my knowledge the Germans bulldozed the area when withdrawing, so that Soviet soldiers wouldn't desecrate the graves.

I'll leave it here and not drive the topic of the thread elsewhere .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My incredibly modest SS collection   My incredibly modest SS collection  

Last edited by Aleksander P; 12-03-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi Glen, this is really nice,,, and in a minty condition, with no yellowing to the white centre core
    Thank you SK. I had to wait quite some time before finding an example that had all the elements I wanted such as mint condition, nice paper tag and the RZM printing on the material.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast