MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

My incredibly modest SS collection

Article about: If it was she'd be worth \\$10000+ and wouldn't be in my collection that's for sure!

Default Re: My incredibly modest SS collection

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I love the mauser cartridges mate, they are fantastic! How ever did you track them down?
    I've never seen such cartridges on a dealers site, from a good amount of internet research it seems the only sources are Ost Front diggers (from where I souced my examples) however this strikes me as odd as SS units fought in France etc before Barbarossa so I would expect the SS stamped munitions to have been expended there also. Perhaps the majority were collected up in post-battle field sweeps whereas in the East this was rarely possible?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My incredibly modest SS collection
    P
    Many

Those rings are awesome Glenn, well done
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I've never seen such cartridges on a dealers site, from a good amount of internet research it seems the only sources are Ost Front diggers (from where I souced my examples) however this strikes me as odd as SS units fought in France etc before Barbarossa so I would expect the SS stamped munitions to have been expended there also. Perhaps the majority were collected up in post-battle field sweeps whereas in the East this was rarely possible?
    I think I will keep my eyes open for one or two of those, they are really good additions to any SS collection. Well done Glenn, nice pick up mate.

Well after more than a year out of work I have scored a Government authority position here in Qatar! A nice tax-free salary and more than generous working hours should leave me quite some time for getting the collection back on track!

I had refrained from mounting any of these SS items into a frame as a vow that would only be broken after snagging a job.

So now, watch this space!

And the collecting world Trembles....Glenn is back and with bricks of Government money!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William but lets not get ahead of ourselves, i'm only on my 2nd week and don't get paid until month end.

Mind you, I have an NSDAP 15yr long service, 3 x Wehrmacht porcelain plates, 2 x party membership badges and a 10 & 15yr party ribbon bar on the way to me!

Ah! A few mere baubles....The Ritters and the Blood Orders will come soon enough...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Congrats on your new job Glenn

Looking forward to seeing all your new goodies !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great to hear that you have a new job Glenn, and a government one at that!

Thanks guys! Can't argue with 7.30-2.30 working hours and 9 weeks annual leave!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast